Galaxy A8 (2016)

haikallp

Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2014
Messages
429
Reaction score
121
After months of rumors and leaks, the Galaxy A8 (2016) has finally been launched by Samsung in South Korea.

From SamMobile:

Samsung doesn’t appear to have made any major changes to the design of the handset itself, it looks quite similar to its predecessor which also had a full-metal body. The Galaxy A8 (2016) does come with Always On Display which Samsung introduced earlier this year with the Galaxy S7 series.

The Galaxy A8 (2016) is powered by Samsung’s Exynos 7420 processor hooked up to 3GB RAM and 32GB storage. It also features a 5.7-inch Full HD display, a 16-megapixel rear and 8-megapixel front camera as well as a 3,500mAh battery. It comes with Android 6.0.1. The Galaxy A8 (2016) also has a fingerprint scanner and support for Samsung Pay."

Since the first Galaxy A8 was released in Singapore, I strongly suspect its successor will also be released in Singapore soon. Looks like a prettt great device. Samsung Pay support, AOD, premium build, Exynos 7420..
 

manojmcn

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2015
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Yes. Only concern is the price. It may be costlier than A9 PRO.

After months of rumors and leaks, the Galaxy A8 (2016) has finally been launched by Samsung in South Korea.

From SamMobile:

Samsung doesn’t appear to have made any major changes to the design of the handset itself, it looks quite similar to its predecessor which also had a full-metal body. The Galaxy A8 (2016) does come with Always On Display which Samsung introduced earlier this year with the Galaxy S7 series.

The Galaxy A8 (2016) is powered by Samsung’s Exynos 7420 processor hooked up to 3GB RAM and 32GB storage. It also features a 5.7-inch Full HD display, a 16-megapixel rear and 8-megapixel front camera as well as a 3,500mAh battery. It comes with Android 6.0.1. The Galaxy A8 (2016) also has a fingerprint scanner and support for Samsung Pay."

Since the first Galaxy A8 was released in Singapore, I strongly suspect its successor will also be released in Singapore soon. Looks like a prettt great device. Samsung Pay support, AOD, premium build, Exynos 7420..
 

willylsk32

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Galaxy A8 DUO SIM Not Working!

I bought this phone in Nov 2015 and had been working well with my DUO sims in 3G/4G. Somehow in Oct 2016, there was a software updates. After the updates, my phone now can only run one sim in 3G/4G and the other sim has to be in 2G only. With the phasing of 2G network in Singapore, I may not be able to use the other sim in 2G network, anyone here can advise me how to solve this problem?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
 
Joined
Feb 14, 2017
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Even if it does get release locally, it will most likely be just another overpriced Samsung product.

Coming from 5 years of using Apple, I recalled being excited over the Samsung Galaxy A8 2015 model when I first saw it when my contract was up for renewal earlier last year. 5.7 inch screen with dual SIM functions & external memory card slot, for a price lesser ($99 for a 2 year 4GB contract) than Samsung Note 5 (back then).

However I stayed on with my trusty IP5S for a good 3 years up before deciding to retire it at the start of year. Since then I have been actively using the Samsung Galaxy A8 (2015) model but before that it was mainly use as an overseas phone and gaming phone (mostly Pokemon).

Boy I am disappointed after a couple of months of using it. The phone lags and overheats when I run more than 2 applications concurrently. It's rear camera is 16 MP yet it isn't as sharp as my old IP5S of 8 MP.

If the 2016 model really comes out, I hope it will not be as expensive as the A9 Pro in order for me to consider it. But then again, it is powered by Exynos 7420. I love the Blue Coral colour but pricing wise, is it really worth getting a mid-range phone near a flagship price?
 

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
66,742
Reaction score
6,184
Even if it does get release locally, it will most likely be just another overpriced Samsung product.

Coming from 5 years of using Apple, I recalled being excited over the Samsung Galaxy A8 2015 model when I first saw it when my contract was up for renewal earlier last year. 5.7 inch screen with dual SIM functions & external memory card slot, for a price lesser ($99 for a 2 year 4GB contract) than Samsung Note 5 (back then).

However I stayed on with my trusty IP5S for a good 3 years up before deciding to retire it at the start of year. Since then I have been actively using the Samsung Galaxy A8 (2015) model but before that it was mainly use as an overseas phone and gaming phone (mostly Pokemon).

Boy I am disappointed after a couple of months of using it. The phone lags and overheats when I run more than 2 applications concurrently. It's rear camera is 16 MP yet it isn't as sharp as my old IP5S of 8 MP.

If the 2016 model really comes out, I hope it will not be as expensive as the A9 Pro in order for me to consider it. But then again, it is powered by Exynos 7420. I love the Blue Coral colour but pricing wise, is it really worth getting a mid-range phone near a flagship price?
The Galaxy A8 (2016) is unlikely to be coming to Singapore, as it will clash with the Galaxy A9 Pro (2016).

Sent from an Xperia using GAGT
 
Joined
Feb 14, 2017
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
The Galaxy A8 (2016) is unlikely to be coming to Singapore, as it will clash with the Galaxy A9 Pro (2016).

I think it is fair to give Samsung until end of this March, if it doesn't come out after being launched for 6 months then it is definitely not coming out...

Btw according to Samsung SG website, they are holding a press conference on 27th Feb 2017. Wonder what is it about...
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
I think it is fair to give Samsung until end of this March, if it doesn't come out after being launched for 6 months then it is definitely not coming out...

Btw according to Samsung SG website, they are holding a press conference on 27th Feb 2017. Wonder what is it about...

Its the announcement for Galaxy Tab S3 and other products/services.
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
I see. Guess the A8 2016 won't be making it to the shores...

Do take a look at this amazing advertising video in Taiwan!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2IpZM094e0

Gonna say bye to Samsung again.

Yeah highly doubt the A8 is not going to come here.. Plus I saw afew post back you mention "Samsung Galaxy A8 (2015) model but before that it was mainly use as an overseas phone and gaming phone (mostly Pokemon)." Yeah pokemon Go is just a horrible application, it heats up every Android phone like no tomorrow even on flagships.
 
Joined
Feb 14, 2017
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Yeah highly doubt the A8 is not going to come here.. Plus I saw afew post back you mention "Samsung Galaxy A8 (2015) model but before that it was mainly use as an overseas phone and gaming phone (mostly Pokemon)." Yeah pokemon Go is just a horrible application, it heats up every Android phone like no tomorrow even on flagships.

Well the overheating isn't limited to just Pokemon Go. I was browsing Samsung Theme Store over the weekend and downloading some new themes when my phone got really hot.

Just 3 applications were on - Smart Manager, Theme Store and My Themes... And the phone was hotter than pancakes already. Lol.
 

leoinchan

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Galaxy A8 Problems

Anybody else using the Galaxy A8 (2015)? I bought mine in December 2015, after nearing its 2nd year it's been giving me lots of problems. The battery drains very fast and dies at 65%-70%, performance drops (keeps lagging), charge for 1hour-2Hours and can only use for 1/2 Hr. Anybody facing the same issue here? Hmm... I'm guessing it's prob dying, is it the phone or the battery? Should I change the battery or to a new phone... any suggestions?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top