GALAXY NOTE II ACCESSORIES

jarylw

Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
0
11179770.jpg

^ Image does not belong to me.

Writing a review on Dataflex High Resolution Screen Protector 2 hours after I bought one in view of the number of reviews (or lack thereof) online.

For those who are not aware, Dataflex High Resolution is marketed as a gloss-matte hybrid, and is their most expensive (correct me if I am wrong) screen protector. This product is supposed to provide the user with the best of both worlds, namely screen clarity (glossy type protectors) and fingerprint resistant/anti-glare (matte type protectors).

I had my screen protector applied at AMK Hub's Dataflex. They actually had to open another one for me because I fussed about the first one having this clear line across the screen, which they tried very hard to remove (around 10 minutes of wiping) and insisted it was normal. But a little brush from my finger and when wiping away the clear lines appeared again. With a little questioning and fussing, they opened and applied a new one for me.

That being said, I will cut to the chase and delve into my thoughts after having used my beloved Note 2 for 2 hours or so. While this SP does what is claims to do, having used a naked screen (no SP) since Friday for ~5 days, I am very much accustomed the look and feel of the Note 2, in terms of display, without a SP.

As with most anti-glare screen protectors, you have that grainy look which causes that irritating deterioration in display resolution, this product is no exception. I cannot compare it to a competitor from another brand, the Spigen Nano Optics because I haven't tried it yet. This product is definitely not what it claims to be - High Resolution. What's worse was that when I asked the salesperson about the grainy effect, instead of telling me it was due to the anti-glare/matte properties, he proceeded to 'educate' me about something along the lines of "it's HIGH RESOLUTION, that's why you can see the individual pixels". Either they lack integrity, or they are seriously misinformed.

I cannot comment much about the fingerprint resistance because it is obviously still new and even if that oil resistant layer wears off after time, it is still too early to tell. What I can say is that finger print is indeed harder (albeit only slightly) to be spotted, and can be cleaned off easily.

I can already see myself sourcing for other SPs when I walk pass mobile phone accessories shops. Having seen the immediate pros & cons of using the SP, my opinion is that it is definitely not worth the $23 I paid for it. Some can live with the grainy look in exchange for the anti-glare and anti-fingerprint (ahem) qualities, but sadly I do not belong to that group.

It does not take a pair of trained eyes or keen eyes to notice the drop in screen quality (which I believe most of us bought our Note 2 for - video capabilities and an elegant display). To sum it up, I wish I had bad eyes and couldn't tell the difference, but reality often lowballs you at the time you need it the least. This product tries to strike a balance between the 2 types of screen protectors available in the market. I certainly hoped it was more inclined towards clarity which is what it's marketing name hints. Do not fall for the marketing gimmick, thinking it is 'High Resolution'. You would be better off deciding which is more important to you between clarity and anti-fingerprint & anti-glare, and selecting a product that does what you need to avoid disappointment.

Hope this helps whoever is sitting on the fence!
 
Last edited:

justln

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
30,817
Reaction score
5,886

I would strongly advise against any Matte or Anti-Privacy SP, you lose the clarity and sharpness of your screen.

Used to have one on my iPhone for a year before I removed it, what a big difference it made.
 

tikokia

Master Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2009
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
110
This product is definitely not what it claims to be - High Resolution. What's worse was that when I asked the salesperson about the grainy effect, instead of telling me it was due to the anti-glare/matte properties, he proceeded to 'educate' me about something along the lines of "it's HIGH RESOLUTION, that's why you can see the individual pixels".

i lol-ed:D
isn't HD the exact opposite?
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
I'm looking to purchase a case that has a card slot to put my ezlink so I do not need to hold my wallet and my phone when tapping in..

Would tapping it directly, meaning card in flip case, be detrimental to the phone?

P.s If it is then defeat nfc purposes yeah?
 

Akai Ryu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
22,253
Reaction score
231
I'm looking to purchase a case that has a card slot to put my ezlink so I do not need to hold my wallet and my phone when tapping in..

Would tapping it directly, meaning card in flip case, be detrimental to the phone?

P.s If it is then defeat nfc purposes yeah?

make sure u deactivate nfc if u manage to find a case for ezlink else u will keep hearing an audio beep

on a side note
Supported Phones | NFC
 

darknez

Master Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2004
Messages
3,780
Reaction score
0
beware of what I had experienced with flip cases. The side/lateral twist of a used flip case with cards inside can quickly wear away the SP or the coating on the screen.
 

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
0
The nfc supported phones quite pathetic lol.

Hmm what do you mean lateral twist? The ez link thickness?
 

satch

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2000
Messages
8,192
Reaction score
0
Hey guys I just found some old belkin screen protector left over from my note 1. Tried it on my note 2 and seems to do an ok job lol. The width is a little big though... hope it stays on :D
 

wai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 1999
Messages
17,391
Reaction score
0
anyone managed to find a cheap car mount big enough for note2?

my current one is too weak to stop phone from shaking
 

Akai Ryu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
22,253
Reaction score
231
Writing a review on Dataflex High Resolution Screen Protector 2 hours after I bought one in view of the number of reviews (or lack thereof) online.

For those who are not aware, Dataflex High Resolution is marketed as a gloss-matte hybrid, and is their most expensive (correct me if I am wrong) screen protector. This product is supposed to provide the user with the best of both worlds, namely screen clarity (glossy type protectors) and fingerprint resistant/anti-glare (matte type protectors).

I had my screen protector applied at AMK Hub's Dataflex. They actually had to open another one for me because I fussed about the first one having this clear line across the screen, which they tried very hard to remove (around 10 minutes of wiping) and insisted it was normal. But a little brush from my finger and when wiping away the clear lines appeared again. With a little questioning and fussing, they opened and applied a new one for me.

That being said, I will cut to the chase and delve into my thoughts after having used my beloved Note 2 for 2 hours or so. While this SP does what is claims to do, having used a naked screen (no SP) since Friday for ~5 days, I am very much accustomed the look and feel of the Note 2, in terms of display, without a SP.

As with most anti-glare screen protectors, you have that grainy look which causes that irritating deterioration in display resolution, this product is no exception. I cannot compare it to a competitor from another brand, the Spigen Nano Optics because I haven't tried it yet. This product is definitely not what it claims to be - High Resolution. What's worse was that when I asked the salesperson about the grainy effect, instead of telling me it was due to the anti-glare/matte properties, he proceeded to 'educate' me about something along the lines of "it's HIGH RESOLUTION, that's why you can see the individual pixels". Either they lack integrity, or they are seriously misinformed.

I cannot comment much about the fingerprint resistance because it is obviously still new and even if that oil resistant layer wears off after time, it is still too early to tell. What I can say is that finger print is indeed harder (albeit only slightly) to be spotted, and can be cleaned off easily.

I can already see myself sourcing for other SPs when I walk pass mobile phone accessories shops. Having seen the immediate pros & cons of using the SP, my opinion is that it is definitely not worth the $23 I paid for it. Some can live with the grainy look in exchange for the anti-glare and anti-fingerprint (ahem) qualities, but sadly I do not belong to that group.

It does not take a pair of trained eyes or keen eyes to notice the drop in screen quality (which I believe most of us bought our Note 2 for - video capabilities and an elegant display). To sum it up, I wish I had bad eyes and couldn't tell the difference, but reality often lowballs you at the time you need it the least. This product tries to strike a balance between the 2 types of screen protectors available in the market. I certainly hoped it was more inclined towards clarity which is what it's marketing name hints. Do not fall for the marketing gimmick, thinking it is 'High Resolution'. You would be better off deciding which is more important to you between clarity and anti-fingerprint & anti-glare, and selecting a product that does what you need to avoid disappointment.

Hope this helps whoever is sitting on the fence!

11179770.jpg
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top