Galaxy Note's Sim Card Slot Malfunction

dogbomber

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Hi, I got my microsim card (without SIM CARD) stuck in the simcard slot of Galaxy note, and then I took it out by force.

Now, my GN will not detech any SIM CARD anymore and keep prompting "Insert Sim Card".

My unit is not longer under warranty.

Advice needed:
1. Should I get it to the Plaza Singapura Samsung service center to have this fix and how much will it cost?
2. Or Shuld I get it to any private mobile shop to have it fixed?
3. How much does it cost to change the micro sim card to normal sim card from Singtel?

Thanks a lot!
 

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,965
Reaction score
1
Hi, I got my microsim card (without SIM CARD) stuck in the simcard slot of Galaxy note, and then I took it out by force.

Now, my GN will not detech any SIM CARD anymore and keep prompting "Insert Sim Card".

My unit is not longer under warranty.

Advice needed:
1. Should I get it to the Plaza Singapura Samsung service center to have this fix and how much will it cost?
2. Or Shuld I get it to any private mobile shop to have it fixed?
3. How much does it cost to change the micro sim card to normal sim card from Singtel?

Thanks a lot!

1. Call and ask first. See what the costing like.
2. Better not unless tight budget.
3. Should be 18 bucks.

By the way, you have most likely bend the pins in the slot.
 

GreenHorn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,500
Reaction score
0
Ah..I have the same problem previously..have left the microsim adapter inside after changing phone. .but I went the service centre and ask them remove for me..5mins job.
 

dogbomber

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Ah..I have the same problem previously..have left the microsim adapter inside after changing phone. .but I went the service centre and ask them remove for me..5mins job.

At least your adaptor card is inside, mine is pulled out by force and after that any SIM Card insert cannot be deteched..

How long and how much it cost to change the sim card slot? Any advice?
 

OhMyHomie

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2010
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
0
At least your adaptor card is inside, mine is pulled out by force and after that any SIM Card insert cannot be deteched..

How long and how much it cost to change the sim card slot? Any advice?

Hi, i face the same problem as you.. I dropped my micro sim inside the slot without knowing that its for normal sim card. I used some tool to force out my micro sim however in the process of doing so, i damaged the pin in it. My samsung galaxy note 10.1 sim card slot pin was kind of bend.. I went down to the service centre at marina square.. They change the whole slot for me FOC and it only took about 5 minutes. i was surprised that they told me its covered under warranty as i thought it was physical damage and was prepared to pay for it.

Hope this helps,

Cheers :):):)
 
V

victorlht88

Guest
you can diy and repair if unwilling to pay some crazy prices. That is provided the 4 pins in the sim slot are still intact, can be broken off or bent doesn't matter as long as it's still there.

Basically it's just a contact issue, so if there's still a bit of the pin left, simply use a needle or something thinner to pry it upwards so that it will be able to contact your sim card.

Had really bad experiences with those sim card adaptors which tend to get trapped, decided to just go telcos and replace the sim card for a peace of mind.

Sent from Nubia NX505J using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top