Galaxy S6 Edge with Singtel - Poor data connection

JetJetJet

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2003
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
I recently recontracted with Singtel and got the S6 Edge. After upgrade, I got only GPRS connection most of the time every where. Before upgrade, I can get at least 3G most of the time.
Not sure whether it's the phone of Singtel problem.
I have written to Singtel and waiting for reply.

Does anyone have the same issue?
 

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
15,756
Reaction score
41
Get a SIM from another telco n try. Borrow from friend or family.

If still bad reception, then it could be that the phone is faulty.
If the reception got better, then it is Singtel issue.
 

shager

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,174
Reaction score
695
Thought SingTel is having 3G/4G issue presently? Tried with another telco?
 

Zaalaa

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2014
Messages
6,019
Reaction score
116
yeah same with yours.

few days already. tried to use google map, knn only "G".

end up use my iphone 6+.

seriously. can't get it up to 4G or even 3G at all.

at first thought its singtel but after that realised maybe it's s6 afterall.
 

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
5,906
Reaction score
2
noting wrong with tyor phone
its singtel issue
no issue on my m1 and hub line
 

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
13,742
Reaction score
0
I realised the problem recently also. Seems to be connected on H+ more than 4G.
Anyway to force 4G?

MyiP6+ on M1 is connected on 4G all the time.
 
Last edited:

WWE_Fan

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
2,063
Reaction score
0
I recently recontracted with Singtel and got the S6 Edge. After upgrade, I got only GPRS connection most of the time every where. Before upgrade, I can get at least 3G most of the time.
Not sure whether it's the phone of Singtel problem.
I have written to Singtel and waiting for reply.

Does anyone have the same issue?

Strange. I also using s6 edge on singtel. Data connection is good at Ang Mo Kio (where i work), and travelling back to Woodlands (home).

Was in town (Orchard) over the weekend. Also no issue.

Where were you at?
 

kirium76

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2005
Messages
671
Reaction score
0
Strange. I also using s6 edge on singtel. Data connection is good at Ang Mo Kio (where i work), and travelling back to Woodlands (home).

Was in town (Orchard) over the weekend. Also no issue.

Where were you at?

Try reselect the network. Switch to GSM first then reselect LTE. It works for me.
 

Lucky177

Master Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
4,310
Reaction score
99
I recently recontracted with Singtel and got the S6 Edge. After upgrade, I got only GPRS connection most of the time every where. Before upgrade, I can get at least 3G most of the time.
Not sure whether it's the phone of Singtel problem.
I have written to Singtel and waiting for reply.

Does anyone have the same issue?
I'm on Singtel. Most of the time is 4G. But I'm using Note4.

Not sure whether this info is useful for u?

Sent from Android Mobile using GAGT
 

JetJetJet

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2003
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. Singtel simply asked me to try on other phone blah blah, but I can't try on my previous S4, since the new sim card is nano sim :(
Sometimes it can connect to 4G+, but it stays on G more often. I am at AMK area. I will try to plug out and plug in the sim card again and try my luck.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top