Galaxy Z Fold 2 Battery Issue

DragonKnight0102

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2018
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Hi Everyone, any Z fold 2 owner encountering battery drain issue?

Because I'm experiencing idle battery drain about 3% to 4% even with flight mode and no background apps running. When flight mode is off, the idle drainage roughly bout 5% to 7%. Not sure is it normal??
 
Last edited:

Koenig168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
10,087
Reaction score
1,772
wrong sub-forum

anyway, without context as to time, it's hard to say whether the battery drain is normal. Won't be surprised if there is a problem.

From my personal experience - my brand-new Tab S from Singtel (not some funny China seller hor) can go from 100% to 75% in under one hour when idle.

Brought to the Samsung service center. When collected back a few hours later, I noted from the repair form that they had changed the charging port only. I was like "huh?" I asked what about the battery. The counter guy said the battery was fine.

I simply glared at him incredulously and asked "how can the battery lose quarter charge in under one hour and be fine?" That guy then went to talk to the tech. Finally got the battery changed though I had to waste some more time walking around while they fix it.
 

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
1,784
my xiaomi phone had terrible battery drain turns out to be faulty battery. so just replace yours if still in warranty
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,730
Reaction score
1,554
Wrong sub forum

Using the z fold 2. No battery drain at all atm. Per night on standby it drain about 4% for 7hrs standby.
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
I think when you mentioned no background apps running, I am not sure if this is a correct statement. I am not doubting you, but there are apps that are known to work in the background on the sly. So it really depends on what is installed on your phone.

In my experience, I generally find that Android devices lose more power than an Apple device even if you leave it on airplane mode. I can leave my iPhone on airplane mode when I go to bed, and after 7 hours, its still 100%. iOS is more aggressive to kill off any applications running in the background.
 

DragonKnight0102

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2018
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Hi all, sorry post in wrong forumšŸ˜…. Okay, so I got my fold 2 about 2 weeks ago only. At first I thought, my phone is learning my usage pattern but till now it still drain quite alot even with light usage e.g. browser and whatsapp texting on cover screen only.
 

Ye_Rongtian

Banned
Joined
Dec 4, 2000
Messages
57,057
Reaction score
14,379
I think when you mentioned no background apps running, I am not sure if this is a correct statement. I am not doubting you, but there are apps that are known to work in the background on the sly. So it really depends on what is installed on your phone.

In my experience, I generally find that Android devices lose more power than an Apple device even if you leave it on airplane mode. I can leave my iPhone on airplane mode when I go to bed, and after 7 hours, its still 100%. iOS is more aggressive to kill off any applications running in the background.
iphone stay at 100% quite long, after which the rest drain quite fast. Longest I had at 100% was 15 hours (not airplane mode).
 

Skagen

Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2021
Messages
344
Reaction score
2
In my experience, I generally find that Android devices lose more power than an Apple device even if you leave it on airplane mode. I can leave my iPhone on airplane mode when I go to bed, and after 7 hours, its still 100%. iOS is more aggressive to kill off any applications running in the background.


For iPhones,try it again when the battery is not at full charge
But yeah iOS handles battery well
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top