Game recording using FRAPS/Shadowplay - Not compatible with Higher resolution?

artyboy

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2002
Messages
1,600
Reaction score
77
Don't know if its the right place to post this but I can no longer use FRAPS or Nvidia's own Shadowplay to record games being played. It was fine when I was playing games at 1080p but now the recording stutters badly when I try to record games playing at 3440x1440 resolution (ultra-wide). I've tried turning off G-Sync and change the refresh rate from 100hz to 60hz but it still stutters like crazy. Is there a resolution limit to FRAPS/Shadowplay recording? I googled but couldn't find the answer.
 

wwenze

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2002
Messages
86,834
Reaction score
30,427
Fraps @ 3440x1440... can your HDD handle 300MB/s continuous? Don't think so.

And SSD can be even worse than HDD in this aspect, their write speed will plummet after the first few GB is used up.

That's why need to use Shadowplay and use hardware H.264 encoding
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top