Gaming computer advice

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Joined
May 8, 2007
Messages
140,668
Reaction score
9,362
the asus pro gaming board z170 got bios problem with ram speed above 2500 ... as of march 2016 still unsolved .... I didn't follow any updates for the past few months since doesn't concern me , I went with 2400mhz ram ... manual settings not XMP

asus north america online rep Raja says it's a 4 layer board , not premium 6 layer 7 layer ... so they are nonchalant about fixing it to be compatible with all the claimed ram speed
 

Ernthechamp

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2016
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Hmmm my suggestion (if want i7 + overclock + 1080)

i7-6700K + MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon @ 784
2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2400 @ 130
Zotac 240GB SSD @ 99
WD Blue 1TB @74
Palit GTX1080 Super Jetstream @988
Seasonic M12-II Modular 850W @165
Phanteks Enthoo Eclipse @129
Cryorig A40 @179

Total 2548

All from PC themes pricelist

With this you are pretty much well covered in all fronts :s22:

I elaborate on my choice
i7-6700k since your budget can fit (though i5-6500 is enough :s22:)
MSI Gaming Pro Carbon supports SLI/Crossfire, RGB lighting for total control
Corsair LPX for color matching though frankly speaking normal RAM good enough liao :s22:
Zotac SSD cause really good value for money
WD Blue cause not much difference from black
Palit GTX1080 cause cheapest 1080 I found + looks good in black and white + fans won't run on light tasks which makes it silent
Seasonic 850W if you want SLI :s22:
Phanteks Eclipse P400 cause I think it is one of the best cases at its price
Cryorig A40 cause your case can fit + good value liquid cooler at its price

No need any extra fluff, you have 4 fans (2 from casing, 2 from cooler) + liquid cooling + RGB lighting + overclocking + nice casing with nice lights + GTX1080 + nice colored RAM

Your rig is good for a black/white theme :s12:

Great build thanks!! I might xchange i7 for an i5 and zotac 1080 amp extreme cuz it looks awesomely intimidating!
 

Ernthechamp

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2016
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
the asus pro gaming board z170 got bios problem with ram speed above 2500 ... as of march 2016 still unsolved .... I didn't follow any updates for the past few months since doesn't concern me , I went with 2400mhz ram ... manual settings not XMP

asus north america online rep Raja says it's a 4 layer board , not premium 6 layer 7 layer ... so they are nonchalant about fixing it to be compatible with all the claimed ram speed

Great info thanks! I will change to probably msi
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top