Gaming System for $1600 *Max* Please advise.

Psycovirus

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
1,789
Reaction score
381
Hi HWZ elites,

I am helping a friend build his first gaming PC and I would like to have some of your feedback on the parts I am choosing.

No Wifi required, no KB/Mouse required, no OS required.
Intel system is fine too. Mainly used for Overwatch / Destiny 2 and other AAA titles. He plan to purchase 1440p monitor in near future.

We plan to buy most parts from Sim Lim Square in a day and assemble (Buy Qoo10, collect at SLS is fine!)

Currently I plan to use $100 voucher from Qoo10.sg to buy a

Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream 8GB at $593 ($693-$100).

Please recommend any other cards you feel worth the money for this build. Thanks.

So left with $1007 for other parts.

Currently, I want to try making a Ryzen R5 1600 system. Prices quoted from Bizgram (Since collecting the qoo10 GFX from Bizgram as well)

CPU : AsRock AB350M Pro 4 + AMD R5 1600 - $458
Memory : Corsair LPX DDR4 3000Mhz C15 16GB kit - $211
GPU : Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream [Qoo10 Voucher] - $593
SSD : Samsung 850 M.2 SATA 2280 250GB - $149
PSU : Corsair CX550 Modular Bronze 550W - $105
Case : Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 3.1 (Only 1 Fan!) - $61
Fan : Get 2x 120mm Fans for about - $23 (How!?)

Total Damage - $1600

Please advise! Thank you! Appreciate your assistance!
 
Last edited:

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
6,939
Reaction score
3
Last edited:

Psycovirus

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
1,789
Reaction score
381
Wah. You ask for recommendations?!

Corsair LPX 3000mhz is $209 PCT

Yes! $2 Saved, can spend a bit more on fans


EVGA GD 550W semi modular 80+ Gold 5yrs warranty $109 PCT

Hmm, Very good PSU. I ask Recommendations because I am not all knowing ma! These kind of deals, you recommend, I will revise my build. But but... PSU not modular, hard to hide cables.. and extra $4 will overshoot $1600 budget. I'll consider it.

CM Masterbox Lite 3 uses the psu as one of exhaust. Hence only 1 back exhaust fan.

2x 120mm fans from carousell lor. Remember to buy a fan hub/4 pin fan head splitter for all the 3 fans.

I see some NZXT or ID-Cooling fans are only $12 each at PCT. I have an extra Noctua fan splitter to be used for 2x intake fans so don't need a hub.

I am also not sure if I can fit the Super Jetstream into the case as it's a 2.5 slot card and that will bring the fan too close to PSU.

Revision:


CPU : AsRock AB350M Pro 4 + AMD R5 1600 - $458
Memory : Corsair LPX DDR4 3000Mhz C15 16GB kit[PC Theme] - $209
GPU : Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream [Qoo10 Voucher] - $593
SSD : Samsung 850 M.2 SATA 2280 250GB - $149
PSU : Corsair CX550 Modular Bronze 550W - $105
Case : Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 3.1 (Only 1 Fan!) - $61
Fan : 2x NZXT 120mm Fans [PC Themes] - $24

Total Damage - $1599
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
Can consider ryzen r5 1600 + asrock ab350m frm videopro@qoo10. $349+$139=$488. Remainjng $112 can use to buy ram to meet min $600. Buy in 2nd acct.
 

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
6,939
Reaction score
3
Don't even worry about the pricing. Shop will discount a bit and you will offset back to your budget. So, do get the 80+ Gold psu coz Ryzen can overclock and I usually recommend 80+ Gold psu for oc purpose as the power delivery is cleaner and more stable with better psu components.

CM Lite 3 psu is at the top. There's no room for hiding cables behind, so shove the excess cable into the 5.25 inches bay. I work in this case before. Later I find the pic and post to you. Gpu is at most bottom of the case. Your mobo PCIE x16 is 2nd slot. It will fit in your case as there's still 3 PCIE slot space. The bottom case fan will feed air to your gpu so no worries for the 2.5 slot height. Gtx 1070 still not as heaty as gtx 1080 so I believe the case can handle it just fine.

Edit: here's the photo of an assembled rig so you will have an idea. I have to admit this is not my best performance for cable management :/

2e1m7QUl.jpg



Sent from PM me if you wanna build a DIY PC or wanna learn how to make one yourself :D using GAGT
 
Last edited:

xtractor

Master Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
4,672
Reaction score
977
Psu u can consider to try S12II-520 seasonic 80+ bronze 520W $88 @ Sgpc Mart.self collect
 

Psycovirus

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
1,789
Reaction score
381
Don't even worry about the pricing. Shop will discount a bit and you will offset back to your budget. So, do get the 80+ Gold psu coz Ryzen can overclock and I usually recommend 80+ Gold psu for oc purpose as the power delivery is cleaner and more stable with better psu components.

CM Lite 3 psu is at the top. There's no room for hiding cables behind, so shove the excess cable into the 5.25 inches bay. I work in this case before. Later I find the pic and post to you. Gpu is at most bottom of the case. Your mobo PCIE x16 is 2nd slot. It will fit in your case as there's still 3 PCIE slot space. The bottom case fan will feed air to your gpu so no worries for the 2.5 slot height. Gtx 1070 still not as heaty as gtx 1080 so I believe the case can handle it just fine.

Edit: here's the photo of an assembled rig so you will have an idea. I have to admit this is not my best performance for cable management :/

2e1m7QUl.jpg



Sent from PM me if you wanna build a DIY PC or wanna learn how to make one yourself :D using GAGT

Thanks! I will consider getting the Gold PSU instead.

I plan to get the newer 3.1 Version which has the PSU at the bottom. I might get the Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 instead of ASRock AB350M Pro 4 as the Gaming 3 has the PCIe 3.0 as the first slot, so more room for GTX 1070, 2.5 slot card in a small box.

main.png
 

Psycovirus

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
1,789
Reaction score
381
Psu u can consider to try S12II-520 seasonic 80+ bronze 520W $88 @ Sgpc Mart.self collect

Hmm, thanks.
I have used S12II-520 before, a great legendary PSU but I would prefer something a little nicer looking or even GOLD rated PSU for this build instead.

2nd Revision.

Changed to Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming3 as my friend requested a Red/Black Theme (Too bad GPU isn't) and also, the PCIe 3.0 Slot is at the top instead of middle.

Bought GPU already with $100 vouchers and used Gift Card method... so extra $15 cheaper.

GPU : Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream [Qoo10 Voucher+Gift cards] - $578 *Bought*

CPU : Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming3 + AMD R5 1600 - $469
Memory : Corsair LPX DDR4 3000Mhz C15 16GB kit[PC Theme] - $209
SSD : Samsung 850 M.2 SATA 2280 250GB - $149
PSU : EVGA 550 GD Non-Mod 550W Gold PSU - $109
Case : Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 3.1 (Only 1 Fan!) - $61
Fan : 2x NZXT 120mm Fans [PC Themes] - $24

Total Damage - $1598

Phew, still within range
 
Last edited:

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
6,939
Reaction score
3
Thanks! I will consider getting the Gold PSU instead.

I plan to get the newer 3.1 Version which has the PSU at the bottom. I might get the Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 instead of ASRock AB350M Pro 4 as the Gaming 3 has the PCIe 3.0 as the first slot, so more room for GTX 1070, 2.5 slot card in a small box.

main.png
Oh my bad. For repeatedly missing the (point)1. Lol. For this case, just use the 1 exhaust only then. You wouldn't want both the gpu and psu sucking air against one another. It shouldn't be an issue. Looks pretty good but too bad not enough budget for led fans for the front :/

The motherboard choice is either gigabyte or Msi having the x16 slot at the first slot. So I think the gaming 3 is a good choice for the price. Though Msi got a bit of led to make some red ambience light inside the case. 3 chassis fan headers just nice also. :s22: Ahh... So many wants so limited budget. Hahahaha. The dilemma is real.

But both this motherboard having the m.2 ssd slot under the gpu, not very healthy for the m.2 ssd though the difference shouldn't be that big. Just a minor trade off here imo.

Sent from PM me if you wanna build a DIY PC or wanna learn how to make one yourself :D using GAGT
 
Last edited:

royalmage

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
2,132
Reaction score
0
Your system similar to mine, for SSD tbh I feel that you can buy the normal SSD instead of M.2 as the 850 M.2 has the same performance as the normal ssd, and also the m.2 slot is below the pcie slot the heat will be slightly absorbed by the gpu. If want use m.2 the 960 pro will take full advantage instead of 850 pro

Sent from S8+ using GAGT
 

Psycovirus

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
1,789
Reaction score
381
Can consider ryzen r5 1600 + asrock ab350m frm videopro@qoo10. $349+$139=$488. Remainjng $112 can use to buy ram to meet min $600. Buy in 2nd acct.
I looked through the offered motherboards for Ryzen on Qoo10 Videopro and found none to be appealing. The AsRock is budget board without VRM heatsink, not the best in SG Weather.

Thanks, I'll just buy bundle from shop.

Your system similar to mine, for SSD tbh I feel that you can buy the normal SSD instead of M.2 as the 850 M.2 has the same performance as the normal ssd, and also the m.2 slot is below the pcie slot the heat will be slightly absorbed by the gpu. If want use m.2 the 960 pro will take full advantage instead of 850 pro

Sent from S8+ using GAGT
I'm going to get the Gigabyte M-ATX Gaming 3. I have build with it before so i know what to expect. To be honest, linus and many others have tested 960 Evo with previous 850 Evo and found no difference in day to day usage.

I personally upgraded from SATA 850 Evo to m.2 NVMe 960 Evo and found no improvement except very nice benchmark scores. Haha.


I go with m.2 cuz it's same price as normal 2.5" but lesser cables and eaiser installation.

Heat wise, I got for my friend a beefy cooler GTX 1070 which will not exceed 65C. Not worried about SSD beside it exposed to too much heat.
Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT
 
Last edited:

xtractor

Master Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
4,672
Reaction score
977
x6q0sHfl.png

Sigh. My order got cancelled. No stock at Bizgram.

Plans derailed.

Kind strangers, I'm lost on what to do. It seems there is only decent priced 1050ti or overpriced 1070s from few shops I've called. Any suggestions?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT


Get ram @ Amazon with free shipping $186
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0134EW7G8/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Then buy GIGABYTE GTX 1070 WINDFORCE OC 8G. With $100 voucher & Gift Card
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/GIGABYTE-GTX-1070-WINDFORCE-OC-8G/524328686

Break even :)
 

Psycovirus

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
1,789
Reaction score
381
Dynacore confirmed with me have stock incoming either today or tmr for zotac gtx 1070 mini but I think at physical store only. Call them to reserve if needed.

Sent from PM me if you wanna build a DIY PC or wanna learn how to make one yourself :D using GAGT

Thanks, I have called a few shops at SLS to see if they have. Most shops are out of stock for 1070s. Dynacore isn't one of them because they're not picking up the phone. Some shops have the Asus Strix but that is way overpriced...

Get ram @ Amazon with free shipping $186
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0134EW7G8/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Then buy GIGABYTE GTX 1070 WINDFORCE OC 8G. With $100 voucher & Gift Card
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/GIGABYTE-GTX-1070-WINDFORCE-OC-8G/524328686

Break even :)

I have called the shop and they told me it's only for back-order because everything is out of stock. Stocks only come in July. Thanks anyway.
 

Psycovirus

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
1,789
Reaction score
381
Haha, I give up. I'll try again next month. Hopefully the mining thing has died down and graphics card will be back on sale. Plus, hopping to see another $100 coupon in Qoo10!
 

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
112,649
Reaction score
4,415
that bad huh?

imma go SLS after work. GTX 1060's price got jacked up/OOS? :(
man, then i will use Intel HD to game for the time being then :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top