Gardening for Herbs

hottiedoggie

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2010
Messages
751
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, recently I have been reading up on herb growing and was curious if anyone here is doing it.

Currently interested in starting my own herb garden however I do not know where to start.
 

blasterlord2

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2016
Messages
7,513
Reaction score
1,307
You can start off with 'easily' herb like mint first. Then add other plants like basil, chilli, tomatoes etc. You can go to the local wet market to buy stalks of mint then put them in a glass of water to root them. Good luck!
 

constant_gardener

Junior Member
Joined
May 22, 2017
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Cool, I have a full blown garden with the following grown in hydroponic and traditional methods.

1. 3 types of mint
2. Rosemary
3. Thyme
4. French Beans
5. Tomatoes (2 varieties)
6. Basil (Italian and Thai)
7. Sweet potato
8. Chilli
9. Bell Peppers (4 color types)
10. Snow Peas (Dao Miao)
11. Kang Kong (Water Spinach)
12. Water Melon
13. Coriander (Chinese Celery)
14. lettuce
15. Corn
16. papaya
17. Sunflower

Seems like a lot, but I have a fair bit of land space. I do provide seed exchange as well, do PM me.
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,518
Reaction score
6,089
Cool, I have a full blown garden with the following grown in hydroponic and traditional methods.

1. 3 types of mint
2. Rosemary
3. Thyme
4. French Beans
5. Tomatoes (2 varieties)
6. Basil (Italian and Thai)
7. Sweet potato
8. Chilli
9. Bell Peppers (4 color types)
10. Snow Peas (Dao Miao)
11. Kang Kong (Water Spinach)
12. Water Melon
13. Coriander (Chinese Celery)
14. lettuce
15. Corn
16. papaya
17. Sunflower

Seems like a lot, but I have a fair bit of land space. I do provide seed exchange as well, do PM me.

wow, where you find place to plant all these. I wonder is there any active gardening forum?
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,518
Reaction score
6,089
Hi guys, recently I have been reading up on herb growing and was curious if anyone here is doing it.

Currently interested in starting my own herb garden however I do not know where to start.

Ntuc sell all the seed but did not name the type.
Dasio can get many beginner gardening too.
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,518
Reaction score
6,089
I have
okra x 4
Basil (red& green leaf and lemon) x 2
Lavender (from seed )x2 (buy x1)
Roselle x2
Chili (thai not fruiting, I think male plant) x1
Egg plant x2
Sunflower x 7
Some succulent (just started)
All the above from seed exclude lavender (buy) and succulent.
 

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
13,120
Reaction score
2,063
i got no green fingers in trying thyme cuttings... can you share how you do it?:s11::s11:
 

kokocrunchie

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Wow how do u plant sweet potato?

Cool, I have a full blown garden with the following grown in hydroponic and traditional methods.

1. 3 types of mint
2. Rosemary
3. Thyme
4. French Beans
5. Tomatoes (2 varieties)
6. Basil (Italian and Thai)
7. Sweet potato
8. Chilli
9. Bell Peppers (4 color types)
10. Snow Peas (Dao Miao)
11. Kang Kong (Water Spinach)
12. Water Melon
13. Coriander (Chinese Celery)
14. lettuce
15. Corn
16. papaya
17. Sunflower

Seems like a lot, but I have a fair bit of land space. I do provide seed exchange as well, do PM me.
 

imohan1911

Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
137
Reaction score
0
mint cuttings fail to survive in soil

Suppose to be a very easy plant but failed miserably in propagating from stem cutting. This will be my 4th attempt at growing the mint plant. I leave the stem cuttings in a glass of water till tiny roots start appearing. Next will transfer them to a potted soil. They look good the first 2 days but after that the leaves start drooping and stem rots away. For a change i will try growing them indoor to see if it will help. And certainly open for any suggestion from green fingered members.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top