General S-REITs Discussion Thread

Lasogette

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2012
Messages
8,169
Reaction score
4,529
for me i think very difficult to buy at the cheapest point. As long as you do some homework and buy reits with some solid management (very subjective) and remember to calculate your yield and compare it with the risk free rate (treasuries). Personally I will go for those with increasing DPU and have potential to have more areas to increase rental.

Once you have done your due dilligence all you can do is wait for mr market to show you the way.
 

Tiongz

Master Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2012
Messages
4,078
Reaction score
0
I would agree with you under normal circumstances, but when Summer declare that he is no longer running on a Sunday just before Asia market opens... then its totally different.

<I have my warchest ready to buy on price weakness:D>
S-Reits of personal interest : First REITS, Lippo Mall, Suntec & Soilbuild

I don't think so la, but shocking Feds didn't taper at all
 

qweiop

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2010
Messages
788
Reaction score
0
do you all think these prices are just temporary and will fall back during the next few days or weeks?
 

simon_84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
11,225
Reaction score
1,227
for me i think very difficult to buy at the cheapest point.
Once you have done your due dilligence all you can do is wait for mr market to show you the way.

mr market has been showing me even lower support levels in the past few months for reits, so this support level will be the benchmark for good entry price.
i don't do so many calculations, i just look at support price in the last 3 or 6 months, just simple TA only.
getting falling knife is expected in a down trend market.
most importantly is when unsure, buy less.
 
Last edited:

Carnesir

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2005
Messages
6,584
Reaction score
699
That 's fine .
Don't miss the ship .

Anyway , I kiasi & sold off my CMT, MCT & FCT today .
I will clear my SPH REIT soon.

I feel is is always good to have reits but not hold it like it is 90 percent of your portfolio.....

There are downsides to reits and all is not always well as we have seen this past 3 months.

I feel organic growth wise successful biz models can triumph steady dividend payouts anytime since the cash the biz is hoarding might not be that bad after all, they can find acquisitions, maintain flexibility in their operations without being at the mercy of bottom line getting hit big time by interest hikes due to tapering.
 

Dyhalt

Senior Member
Joined
May 25, 2011
Messages
1,297
Reaction score
2
I don't think so la, but shocking Feds didn't taper at all

lol ya the FED totally shock me by doing Nothing to QE...

So there goes my hope for buffet but I'm happy the REITS I have in hand have all risen sharply today :D
 

Dividends Warrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
24,994
Reaction score
2,997
West Gate Mall looking good. :D

970277_608875659153340_872739920_n.jpg
 

Wood4

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2000
Messages
8,253
Reaction score
0
Sold off my SPH REIT yesterday.

Tapering in Oct ?
Dow Jones dropped about 190 last nite.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top