Dividends Warrior
High Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Nov 7, 2010
- Messages
- 25,007
- Reaction score
- 3,005
Nice! Got first 2 only, small portfolio![]()
Slowly collect the others. I foresee plenty of opportunities in 2021-2022.

Nice! Got first 2 only, small portfolio![]()
Hi all, I am a contrarian investor of sorts, and usually when there is a correction in any asset or stocks it captures my attention.
Portfolio is heavy on energy , banks (yes been holding them and buying through the pain last year).
I actually have no REITs in my portfolio.
Wonder what some of the REIT experts here would advise on which are the more stable REITS to hold long term?
If I am looking to park cash for the next 10 years without intent on touching these REITS, what would be some of the REITS to move some funds in?
For example, I have been looking into Mapletree industrial trust (ME8U).
Attracted to the correction it has had since mid last year, the yield of this REIT has gone from 3.05 in 2006 to consistently over 4% since 2014, which is good enough for me if it maintains at 4% yearly.
Appreciate your advice on any long term stable REITs that has corrected quite a bit, and offers decent yield. Thank you!!

For a conservative investor looking into REITS, any recommendations?

Thank you for the prompt feedback Dividend Warrior! Been following you and your inspirational dividend portfolio for years. Was also the reason why I started putting money into Singapore banks last year.
Are there significant different outlooks between Industrial, Hospitality and Mall retail Reits going forward?
And what would be your recommendation for these in terms of gradual accumulation over the next few months.
For a conservative investor looking into REITS, any recommendations?
When PLife ever dips below 3.80, dun miss the opportunity to nibble.![]()
I have always stayed away from hospitality. Too exposed to economic cycles and pandemics. The SARS period scared me off this sector. Thank goodness, bcos when covid 19 struck last year, my portfolio has zero exposure to the hospitality sector.
Suburban malls in Singapore is still alright. But I am the most confident in logistics, data centres and healthcare assets.
DW, which are the Reits on your watchlist for buying this year? Looking forward to your next blog posts.
Yup, Mapletree Industrial is a solid choice. They have pivoted well into the US data centre market. Plus they have the support of a strong sponsor.
If Keppel DC dips to 2.40, can consider too.
The future is data-driven!
Mapletree Industrial has been going down since last year. Any idea why?
Management guides for negative rental reversions for the next 2-3 quarters.
Buy the dips then
Can also consider...
Netlink trust - lay fiber networks. Should be stable during 5G era.
Fraser logistic Ind trust - Should be stable for support ecommerce warehousing needs.
Hi - can recommend a few good one for long term hold? Thanks