General S-REITs Discussion Thread

thretiredDad

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
12,717
Reaction score
5,238
No one will know what is the narrative until it happens. You can only try to anticipate. My current plan is reinvest the dividends. For cash, monthly put into SRS and buy Amundi index msci world using Poems.
This is the reward
for guessing correct
 

fr33d0m

Master Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
3,714
Reaction score
730
Thats why even yrself treat Reits as short term speculation and not a good long term wealth accumulation tool.

Whereas for me, my intention is to hold my reits etf for like 10-20years for passive income unless there is some big fundamental structural change. Individual reits i might sell if it hit a certain PB ratio.

REIT ETF not good for 10-20 years as the fee is not worth it. Within 5 years, still okay.
 

kickass22

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2014
Messages
609
Reaction score
264
0.5% OK lah

I kena makan duno how much for my endowments plans liao :poop:
There is no right or wrong answer – it’s your choice whether you want to pay between 0.55% to 0.95% in management fees for a REIT ETF. Some people prefer to build their own ‘ETF REIT’ by selecting specific REITs, giving them more flexibility in terms of choice, weightage, and overall strategy.

It ultimately comes down to personal preference. However, if you have a large portfolio, even a 0.50% fee can amount to a considerable sum. For example, on a $500,000 portfolio, 0.50% is $2,500 per year. Over 10 years, that’s $25,000 – not including any lost growth from compounding. But if you’re comfortable with that, then it’s perfectly fine. That’s why it’s called ‘Personal Portfolio’ and ‘Personal Finance
 

60Remajust

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Messages
1,193
Reaction score
807
any of u know how to track sgx stock price on google sheet?

previous method using sgx.i3investor links no longer workds
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,110
Reaction score
4,081
it seems that REIT prices aren't going anywhere. FLCT stuck at around $0.87. Briefly dropped to $0.85 but I didn't manage to fill my order. on the other hand everything else seems to be moving, even BABA :ROFLMAO: .

I think a good strategy would be to load up other everything else first, and then once they are too pricey and you don't want to chase the price upwards, come back and buy REITs because they will be the last to move?

While STI and S&P500 are on the move upwards, the REITs I am watching are still flat. For example, I want to buy FLCT at $0.85, still cannot. I just remains stuck in a narrow range. Is there secret price stabilisation going on?

Since I posted the earlier post, I have been buying US stocks which have been moving upwards. But there will come a time when US stocks will look too expensive relative to SG-REITs, then I will switch my attention to SG-REITs. But there seems to no rush to buy SG-REITs, the boat is not going anywhere? (its not sinking which is good, but not leaving the harbour as well)
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
While STI and S&P500 are on the move upwards, the REITs I am watching are still flat. For example, I want to buy FLCT at $0.85, still cannot. I just remains stuck in a narrow range. Is there secret price stabilisation going on?

Since I posted the earlier post, I have been buying US stocks which have been moving upwards. But there will come a time when US stocks will look too expensive relative to SG-REITs, then I will switch my attention to SG-REITs. But there seems to no rush to buy SG-REITs, the boat is not going anywhere? (its not sinking which is good, but not leaving the harbour as well)
Ask yourself whats the main purpose of u buying Sreits?

My long term worry is whether Reits in general will get disrupted anot in the long run due to AI, WFH etc
Im now exploring other sources of passive income but credit spread too tight to even consider adding IG bonds.
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,110
Reaction score
4,081
Ask yourself whats the main purpose of u buying Sreits?

My long term worry is whether Reits in general will get disrupted anot in the long run due to AI, WFH etc
Im now exploring other sources of passive income but credit spread too tight to even consider adding IG bonds.

The question I ask myself is what should I do with my free cash flow. My current answer is to buy stuff that is moving up first, and then come back and buy REITs since they are not moving

Hospitality (including student accommodation/service apt) - I think generally safe. Large families may prefer Airbnb but as a solo traveller hotels are better for me. Capitaland Ascott is my biggest REIT holding.

Retail - probably going downhill. Malls main tenants will be tuition/enrichment centres and F&B for waiting parents. Frasers Centrepoint I have held since GFC, but not buying.

Office - going downhill. Retail space can also be repurposed as office space easily, but the other way around not so easy. I don't have any office REITs.

Industrial/Logistics- you still need to manufacture goods and deliver them, and need raw materials, hence FLCT is still on my radar.
 

ctan84

Banned
Joined
Nov 14, 2017
Messages
8,489
Reaction score
4,783
The question I ask myself is what should I do with my free cash flow. My current answer is to buy stuff that is moving up first, and then come back and buy REITs since they are not moving

Hospitality (including student accommodation/service apt) - I think generally safe. Large families may prefer Airbnb but as a solo traveller hotels are better for me. Capitaland Ascott is my biggest REIT holding.

Retail - probably going downhill. Malls main tenants will be tuition/enrichment centres and F&B for waiting parents. Frasers Centrepoint I have held since GFC, but not buying.

Office - going downhill. Retail space can also be repurposed as office space easily, but the other way around not so easy. I don't have any office REITs.

Industrial/Logistics- you still need to manufacture goods and deliver them, and need raw materials, hence FLCT is still on my radar.
FLCT 0.855 today, 0.005 above your target entry. Got queue?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top