General S-REITs Discussion Thread

Genosis

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
10,104
Reaction score
6
Me! I have FCT (DY:6.40%), AIMSAMP Cap Ind (DY:8.19%) and Viva Ind (DY:10.15%) currently.
What else worth to add in? Suggestion?



Since u oredi have retail and industrial, can consider adding healthcare REIT...;)
 

thegodfather

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
1,970
Reaction score
55
I am still vested....heavily :o

CMT
FCT
MCT
Suntec
Mapletree Greater China
Mapletree Logistics
AIMS
CACHE
PLife
Keppel DC

is Mapletree greater china worth looking at? i havent really went in depth to study it?

Do you think i should add that or first reit/ asian pay TV into my portfolio?

currently my reits are AIMS AMP (10.6%) CACHE (10.7%) of my portfolio
 

Genosis

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
10,104
Reaction score
6
is Mapletree greater china worth looking at? i havent really went in depth to study it?

Do you think i should add that or first reit/ asian pay TV into my portfolio?

currently my reits are AIMS AMP (10.6%) CACHE (10.7%) of my portfolio

Well, MGCCT is a play on China's and HK growth. Its crown jewel is Festival Walk mall in HK. Surprisingly, business is good and positive rental reversions are in double digits! :eek:

Secondly, the management's is following a fee system that is more aligned with unit-holders' interest. So, their main focus is to grow DPU, not just aggressively doing acquisitions and diluting.

Below $0.90 can add...

Right now, only FCT looks attractive to me, based on its price and future growth. I am quite confident in the spending power of people living Yishun and Woodlands. Furthermore, FCT has a strong sponsor in FCL.

The DPU for Asian Pay TV is not likely to be sustainable....
 

thegodfather

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
1,970
Reaction score
55
Well, MGCCT is a play on China's and HK growth. Its crown jewel is Festival Walk mall in HK. Surprisingly, business is good and positive rental reversions are in double digits! :eek:

Secondly, the management's is following a fee system that is more aligned with unit-holders' interest. So, their main focus is to grow DPU, not just aggressively doing acquisitions and diluting.

Below $0.90 can add...

Right now, only FCT looks attractive to me, based on its price and future growth. I am quite confident in the spending power of people living Yishun and Woodlands. Furthermore, FCT has a strong sponsor in FCL.

The DPU for Asian Pay TV is not likely to be sustainable....

wah Genosis you are such a nice guy.. I read somewhere about the good things about MGCCT but you sum it all up.

FCT I think okok only just because they are building a condo near northpoint? But as i stay in the north i think is okay only.

Yup Asian Pay TV maybe good for short term but like the recent dividends from last the drop was 15cents. crazy
 

donald83

Master Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2003
Messages
2,954
Reaction score
1
What's the impact on REITs from the Fed i/r hike? This must have been discussed before but i missed that.
 

thegodfather

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
1,970
Reaction score
55
What's the impact on REITs from the Fed i/r hike? This must have been discussed before but i missed that.

actually i think it has already been factored in with the recent price drop. plus 0.25% interest hike.. i think our reits locally gearing are still very healthy.
 

xshinado

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2015
Messages
184
Reaction score
0
wah Genosis you are such a nice guy.. I read somewhere about the good things about MGCCT but you sum it all up.

FCT I think okok only just because they are building a condo near northpoint? But as i stay in the north i think is okay only.

Yup Asian Pay TV maybe good for short term but like the recent dividends from last the drop was 15cents. crazy


That condo you mentioned is named North Park residences with 12 blocks and 920 residential units
http://www.thenorthparkresidences.com/
 

Genosis

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
10,104
Reaction score
6
wah Genosis you are such a nice guy.. I read somewhere about the good things about MGCCT but you sum it all up.

FCT I think okok only just because they are building a condo near northpoint? But as i stay in the north i think is okay only.

Yup Asian Pay TV maybe good for short term but like the recent dividends from last the drop was 15cents. crazy

U r welcome. I guess my summary skills are getting better. I try to analyze and study one company per week. Mostly to keep track of my investments and keep my mind engaged.

FCT's strength is due to the 'defensive' nature of its suburban malls.

For NorthPoint Phase 3, I think there are retail spaces besides condo.
 

Genosis

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
10,104
Reaction score
6
What's the impact on REITs from the Fed i/r hike? This must have been discussed before but i missed that.

Refinancing costs will go up. And since REITs do not retain much of its earnings, DPU will be affected, theoretically speaking of course.
 

thegodfather

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
1,970
Reaction score
55
U r welcome. I guess my summary skills are getting better. I try to analyze and study one company per week. Mostly to keep track of my investments and keep my mind engaged.

FCT's strength is due to the 'defensive' nature of its suburban malls.

For NorthPoint Phase 3, I think there are retail spaces besides condo.

Yup, I might add either First REIT or MGCCT to my portfoli but for now i shall wait abit...
 

Bedokian

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
2,196
Reaction score
7
Refinancing costs will go up. And since REITs do not retain much of its earnings, DPU will be affected, theoretically speaking of course.

Don't forget that REITs could use other refinancing means besides loans. A few of the standard ones are rights issue, private placement of shares and bond issues.
 

Bedokian

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
2,196
Reaction score
7
FCT's strength is due to the 'defensive' nature of its suburban malls.

For NorthPoint Phase 3, I think there are retail spaces besides condo.

Also to add that they have a sort of retail mall "monopoly" in the north, with Causeway Point and Northpoint.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top