FFO = net cash after operating expense + depreciation?
wa economic, i is noob, micro and marco
Net cash? Whaaa? Your formula is 3/4 finished.
Grabbed this off the first google search:
"Funds from Operations = Net Income + Depreciation + Amortization - Gains on Sales of Property"
Ok so referring to their fy2014 report
here, cos FFO/AFFO is a US GAAP thing and not SG, I use a simplified version. I simply take net income (Which in their FY2014 is $85m) to get FFO. Why?
Cos that figure already
excludes any valuation gains from derivatives, gains on sales of ppties and income from associates. D&A is left out cos apparently SG accounting conveniently excludes D&A from REITs' investment ppties unlike in the US (which is a massive number). FY2014's depreciation was like what.. $41,000? It's immaterial to $85m in FFO.
Then to get my AFFO I simply subtracted their capex of $1.473m, $33k and $90k in acquisition of fixed and intangible assets from FFO.
Now compare FCT's annual report above with
Boston Properties REIT in the US. Look at the income statement, their D&A is massive, that's why FFO is more suited for US REIT valuations than SG, although you can modify (like I did) it to suit our market here. So I think that's where you got confused.