General Usage Laptop vs Gaming PC performance

Extremme

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
3,331
Reaction score
43
actually if can wait, get y540 in May..

With student discount really unbeatable.. Why not upgrade to 144hz panel?

I suggest get 1 tb HD or 2tb.. Then buy a nvme ssd and 8gb ram from Newegg / Amazon.. Far cheaper

+200 for 8gb ram is carrot head

my budget was only $1.4-1.5.

So when I compared the specs of G3 to Y530, I thought its worth the additional $150. Is it not?
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,469
Reaction score
6,013
my budget was only $1.4-1.5.

So when I compared the specs of G3 to Y530, I thought its worth the additional $150. Is it not?

Specs is decent but the question is the LCD display that will be shipped with the unit.
Is it the 144hz one or the standard one.
 

Extremme

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
3,331
Reaction score
43
Specs is decent but the question is the LCD display that will be shipped with the unit.
Is it the 144hz one or the standard one.

I asked the sales person. Dont think mine is the 144

The 144 is only for

15.6" (396mm) FHD (1920x1080), anti-glare, LED backlight, IPS,
300 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 72% gamut, 144Hz (GTX 1050 Ti models only)
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,469
Reaction score
6,013
I asked the sales person. Dont think mine is the 144

The 144 is only for

15.6" (396mm) FHD (1920x1080), anti-glare, LED backlight, IPS,
300 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 72% gamut, 144Hz (GTX 1050 Ti models only)

Now I really hard to advice you from here.
Wait for MGeaR356 comment.
 

MGeaR356

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,505
Reaction score
59
i think can squeeze below 1.4k after shopback?

ram choose 8gb, no ssd and pick 1TB hdd. then go buy from amazon.

pick 1050 ti + 144hz panel
 

Extremme

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
3,331
Reaction score
43
i think can squeeze below 1.4k after shopback?

ram choose 8gb, no ssd and pick 1TB hdd. then go buy from amazon.

pick 1050 ti + 144hz panel

not sure if I can still use shopback. I need to ask the telesales person cause she said I call in so got extra discount. Still can get shopback so it will be even cheaper

Ram 8gb meaning: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz SODIMM?

so you maen to say buy the other 8GB RAM and SSD from amazon, do I need to install myself? I noob leh or its external SSD if there is even such a thing? RAM how to install?
 
Last edited:

Extremme

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
3,331
Reaction score
43
Do you think Lenovo will be cheaper in pc show than via online plus student discount?
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
I asked the sales person. Dont think mine is the 144

The 144 is only for

15.6" (396mm) FHD (1920x1080), anti-glare, LED backlight, IPS,
300 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 72% gamut, 144Hz (GTX 1050 Ti models only)

If this is the specs, I rather you don't waste your time. Even with a 1080p high refresh rate screen (144Hz), the graphic card will not be able to crank out frame rates that matches the panel. In fact, this graphic card will likely struggle to maintain 60 FPS in newer games.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top