Genting FAQ - Part 3

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
trying to book first world in nov, why i can't book hotel with GP points , must use MYR?

it says sorry, no room is available for the selected date, please try another date ?

i try other dates, also same

I do not have any issue using GP to book the room for Nov.

Though no free room as of now. :frus:

wrathofgod

Reaction score
Have anyone drive up and park at First World Hotel before?

Looking to rent car from airport and drive up

givansingapore

Reaction score
Thanks bro. Did not passby there because stayed at first world. Next time will go there to try again.

I was staying one of three nights at First World last week and walked there to try the durian for once. The durian festival is ending on 16 Sep 19.

Last edited:

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. My hotel is at kl actually n I'm gg up for a day trip

You will need to buy the ticket at the bus counter at KL Sentral.

Try to go early. The buses back to Genting are usually full.

If you are already at Genting, it is possible to buy the bus ticket from KL to Genting from the bus kiosk machine. So for me, when I take a day trip to KL, I would usually buy the tickets back to Genting (from KL sentral) in advance.

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
So jialat???? Like 5 yrs back I go buy can board the upcoming bus liao

Buying a return ticket KL to Genting is an absolute must.

The published schedule is not reliable as they can cancel any trip without notice if there are not enough people. Various points in KL to get to Genting. For instance Gombak to GH there is one sure trip at 5 pm although the schedule shows various time throughout the day.

If you want to do KL Sentral to GH day trip you need to go there 2 hours before the first bus starts. If you go just before the first trip you will find the next available bus may be 3-4 hours wait. On a quiet slow day they will cancel some afternoon trips.

ghregular

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. My hotel is at kl actually n I'm gg up for a day trip

many years ago
when i stay at berjaya hotel kl
i took a train to a station near pekeling then hopped onto
a bus to genting for a day. return trip just do the opposite.
it was convenient.

ghregular

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wish I could go genting, this month everywhere also burning things then the weather also soooo hot and humid

Even when I walk past the kallang river near schneider electric building where it's usually VERY windy, today no wind at all :s22:

just last evening after dinner my wife n i decided to take a bus out fr home just to cool ourselves as well as have a view.
we set for about half and hour inside the cool bus, adjusted the aircon to our satisfaction then alight at a shopping ctr. walked for an hour. bought some groceries and returned home the same way. shiok.
during that trip we were thinking of getting a midhill condo in genting (crazy right) but think of future hot persistent rising temperature it may be crazy afterall. probably everyone will be thinking how to live in a cooler place too. aircon is not feasible long term wise. what u think?

datolim

Reaction score
dont need to stress so much la
even if no bus tickets then take grab or taxi loh.

I took Grab from Gombak to FWH at 2 pm cost me RM 85. Must be surge pricing. Next Genting bus at 5 pm.

Took Grab FWH to my place in centre of KL at 8 pm cost me RM80. Go figures.

Must be supply and demand. A lot of Grab cars in Genting and no many people.

Last edited:

Smarty2

Reaction score
just last evening after dinner my wife n i decided to take a bus out fr home just to cool ourselves as well as have a view.
we set for about half and hour inside the cool bus, adjusted the aircon to our satisfaction then alight at a shopping ctr. walked for an hour. bought some groceries and returned home the same way. shiok.
during that trip we were thinking of getting a midhill condo in genting (crazy right) but think of future hot persistent rising temperature it may be crazy afterall. probably everyone will be thinking how to live in a cooler place too. aircon is not feasible long term wise. what u think?

Same thoughts here, bro..😁...absolutely great plan. Myself - long term plan is to hv a residence in a more cooling place like Genting or Cameron Highlands but Genting wud be a more attractive proposition - in terms of proximity to city life spots as well as potential for rent-out in case of change in future plans.

Btw.. there's a newly completed project affiliated to Swiss Garden International @ Goh Tong Jaya - r u aware of it? I can share with u via pm if u r interested.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.