Giga Vs MyRepublic 5G

alex76

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2000
Messages
2,127
Reaction score
2
I understand that both MVNO are using Starhub network and happens that my office building have Starhub transponder all over,.
When I was on MyRepublic, my phone got option to choose 5G Standalone and I always get 5G full bar reception.
Now, I just signup Giga (cos I dumped MyRepublic and tried to re-signup again, they want $100 deposit), the reception varies half to full bar only on 4G and there is no option for 5G standalone in my setting . I did signed up for the 5G pack .
I wonder if both provider are using Starhub network, why is there differences in the reception?
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,554
Reaction score
4,161
I understand that both MVNO are using Starhub network and happens that my office building have Starhub transponder all over,.
When I was on MyRepublic, my phone got option to choose 5G Standalone and I always get 5G full bar reception.
Now, I just signup Giga (cos I dumped MyRepublic and tried to re-signup again, they want $100 deposit), the reception varies half to full bar only on 4G and there is no option for 5G standalone in my setting . I did signed up for the 5G pack .
I wonder if both provider are using Starhub network, why is there differences in the reception?
Believe Giga 5G is not available at the moment, previously signed up and could not receive 5G too.
Spoke to CS on FB and they mentioned it was WIP and will update, refunded the 5G. No news since.

MR 5G pretty decent from personal experience.
The Giga reception have been pretty weak for me too since a few months back, but still serviceable.
 

alex76

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2000
Messages
2,127
Reaction score
2
Starhub got news release saying Giga subscriber can use 5G and even Giga is offering the 5G pack. If it's not available, why do they charge us extra for 5G?
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,554
Reaction score
4,161
Starhub got news release saying Giga subscriber can use 5G and even Giga is offering the 5G pack. If it's not available, why do they charge us extra for 5G?
My experience was in earlier half of this year though, your info is the latest update??
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
I understand that both MVNO are using Starhub network and happens that my office building have Starhub transponder all over,.
When I was on MyRepublic, my phone got option to choose 5G Standalone and I always get 5G full bar reception.
Now, I just signup Giga (cos I dumped MyRepublic and tried to re-signup again, they want $100 deposit), the reception varies half to full bar only on 4G and there is no option for 5G standalone in my setting . I did signed up for the 5G pack .
I wonder if both provider are using Starhub network, why is there differences in the reception?
5G nsa vs sa ?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top