Gigabyte dual BIOS failed.

lordie

Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
434
Reaction score
0
My 3 yrs old gigabyte socket 1155 failed, when flashing to new bios. It's corrupted can't RMA cos warranty over by 4 mths, anyway to salvage it?

Any any store online or SLS sell any of these still? Or must buy a new mobo+chip combo?


Z77 chipset
- GA-Z77MX-D3H
- GA-Z77M-D3H
- GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP
- G1.Sniper M3

H77 chipset
- GA-H77M-D3H
- GA-H77M-HD3

B75 chipset
- GA-B75M-D3P
- GA-B75M-D3H
- GA-B75M-D3V
- GA-B75M-HD3

Appreciate any kind help.
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,043
Reaction score
8,289
remove all usb device frm ur com, put the correct bios file in ur thumbdrive, plug in the back usb 2 port preferably
 

lordie

Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
434
Reaction score
0
remove all usb device frm ur com, put the correct bios file in ur thumbdrive, plug in the back usb 2 port preferably

When the BIOS menu kick in, can't press END to bring out q-flash to rollback. Or any menu at all. :(

Stuck at reboot cycle loop. Reset CMOS does not help as well. Any idea?
 
Last edited:

lordie

Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
434
Reaction score
0
New Z77 boards are quite expensive now, assuming you can find it. Your alternatives are the second-hand market or get a new H61 board from Convergent.

https://sg.carousell.com/p/50425449/
How much those cost, I dun mind buying it. It need to be a gigabyte mobo and UEFI as I ran dual boot hackingtosh el capitan and win10 each on its own SSD.

And it need to be micro ATX, it's all sit in fractal define mini case.

Newegg, Amazon or SLS?
 

Koenig168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
10,087
Reaction score
1,772
How much those cost, I dun mind buying it. It need to be a gigabyte mobo and UEFI as I ran dual boot hackingtosh el capitan and win10 each on its own SSD.

And it need to be micro ATX, it's all sit in fractal define mini case.

Newegg, Amazon or SLS?

I'm thinking of building a Hackintosh as well but don't have access to a Mac to make a Unibeast/Multibeast/Clover installation USB drive. Any way you can help with this?
 

xtractor

Master Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
4,672
Reaction score
977
My 3 yrs old gigabyte socket 1155 failed, when flashing to new bios. It's corrupted can't RMA cos warranty over by 4 mths, anyway to salvage it?

Any any store online or SLS sell any of these still? Or must buy a new mobo+chip combo?


Z77 chipset
- GA-Z77MX-D3H
- GA-Z77M-D3H
- GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP
- G1.Sniper M3

H77 chipset
- GA-H77M-D3H
- GA-H77M-HD3

B75 chipset
- GA-B75M-D3P
- GA-B75M-D3H
- GA-B75M-D3V
- GA-B75M-HD3

Appreciate any kind help.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/c...tions-asus-networking-products-5344330-5.html

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...1epMF3KqqoYLSjBXrXQ8hucR4s/edit#gid=425519591

mostly asrock board
 
Last edited:

lordie

Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
434
Reaction score
0
I'm thinking of building a Hackintosh as well but don't have access to a Mac to make a Unibeast/Multibeast/Clover installation USB drive. Any way you can help with this?
yeah i got a few variation of bootable USB boot drive installer for OS X, i can pass u those. or do u need something more custom?

My current install is using Clover with UEFI, so far thats the best for me IMHO, boots up really fast with UEFI win10/OSX.
 

lordie

Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
434
Reaction score
0
go find it @taobao or @ebay:o

newegg only got this few and i shortlisted them. b4 i head down to SLS to look for more option which one is a better mobo? sorry newbie of mobo here.

- GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2PV(R2.0) LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard $64
- ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard $49
- Refurbished: ASUS P8H67-M LX (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel H67 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Intel Motherboard $59


Amazon only got 1 used Z77 board, not so keen to buy uses with no warranty. but its an option at usd$80 if theres noting else.
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
newegg only got this few and i shortlisted them. b4 i head down to SLS to look for more option which one is a better mobo? sorry newbie of mobo here.

- GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2PV(R2.0) LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard $64
- ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard $49
- Refurbished: ASUS P8H67-M LX (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel H67 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Intel Motherboard $59

Amazon only got 1 used Z77 board, not so keen to buy uses with no warranty. but its an option at usd$80 if theres noting else.

i would say that asus P8H67, but the thing is that does they fall under hackintosh acceptance mobo?
 

Koenig168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
10,087
Reaction score
1,772
yeah i got a few variation of bootable USB boot drive installer for OS X, i can pass u those. or do u need something more custom?

My current install is using Clover with UEFI, so far thats the best for me IMHO, boots up really fast with UEFI win10/OSX.

I'm a total noob at this. Basically, I'll start with http://lifehacker.com/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-building-a-hackintosh-o-5841604 and figure things out as I go along.

I'm using an Asrock Z77 Pro4-M which I recently acquired, together with an i7-3770 which I will pull from my back-up rig. I've got a modded BIOS from one of the forums. It's UEFI so your Clover/UEFI option will be perfect for me.

I'll PM you my contact number and we can work something out. :)
 

lordie

Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
434
Reaction score
0
I'm a total noob at this. Basically, I'll start with http://lifehacker.com/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-building-a-hackintosh-o-5841604 and figure things out as I go along.

I'm using an Asrock Z77 Pro4-M which I recently acquired, together with an i7-3770 which I will pull from my back-up rig. I've got a modded BIOS from one of the forums. It's UEFI so your Clover/UEFI option will be perfect for me.

I'll PM you my contact number and we can work something out. :)

no worries, just pass me a 16gb thumb and i do 1 for u or mailed it to u.
 

klap_hanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2006
Messages
12,664
Reaction score
237
If really want to Hackintosh, best is to buy a Gigabyte mobo, save u a lot of hassle n troubleshooting...
 

Koenig168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
10,087
Reaction score
1,772
If really want to Hackintosh, best is to buy a Gigabyte mobo, save u a lot of hassle n troubleshooting...

Since I already have the Asrock, I will use that. Thanks for the advice re Gigabyte, if I come across a cheap Z77 mATX Gigabyte, I will consider getting it.
 

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
41,266
Reaction score
5,691
That why I find gigabyte mobo very gimmicky, dual bios still failed
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top