Gigabyte dual BIOS failed.

Koenig168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
10,087
Reaction score
1,772
I prefer the dual BIOS on my MSI board. I can switch to either BIOS via a hardware selector on the MB. This way, when I brick one, I can still use the other for boot.
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,037
Reaction score
8,289
gigabyte mobo oso have issues.. smtimes won't post.. need plug out power cable n wait 30 sec.. . i don't dare off my com :s22:
 

Koenig168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
10,087
Reaction score
1,772
Hardware lottery.

Seems like every brand of MB has its issues. When I bought this MSI Z97-GD65, Amazon has a bunch of negative reviews complaining about failing USB ports. Thankfully, I got a good board which has been rock stable.
 

lordie

Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
434
Reaction score
0
problem solved.

Send it to CDL. And the tech there re-flash the bios. Activate th 2nd bios. Flash everything and all is working great. Even a few mths off warranty he still fix it. Sometimes good after sales and customer service is important as good hardware.
 

ykgoh

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
0
problem solved.

Send it to CDL. And the tech there re-flash the bios. Activate th 2nd bios. Flash everything and all is working great. Even a few mths off warranty he still fix it. Sometimes good after sales and customer service is important as good hardware.

Their tech has special tools or technology to flash a dead mobo?
 

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,845
Reaction score
1,784
I'm thinking of building a Hackintosh as well but don't have access to a Mac to make a Unibeast/Multibeast/Clover installation USB drive. Any way you can help with this?

You don't need Mac to make Bootable USB. You can run Mac inside VMware of windows PC, and create a Bootable disk
 

zenify.me

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2013
Messages
2,328
Reaction score
29
My 3 yrs old gigabyte socket 1155 failed, when flashing to new bios. It's corrupted can't RMA cos warranty over by 4 mths, anyway to salvage it?

Any any store online or SLS sell any of these still? Or must buy a new mobo+chip combo?


Z77 chipset
- GA-Z77MX-D3H
- GA-Z77M-D3H
- GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP
- G1.Sniper M3

H77 chipset
- GA-H77M-D3H
- GA-H77M-HD3

B75 chipset
- GA-B75M-D3P
- GA-B75M-D3H
- GA-B75M-D3V
- GA-B75M-HD3

Appreciate any kind help.

Email CDL and ask if they have refurb boards for sale, that's how I got my B75M board from them. :s13:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top