Go China for 2 weeks

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2016
Messages
46,418
Reaction score
20
How much need to bring for free and easy tour? 1 person only.
Hotel booked and paid.
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,797
Reaction score
3,596
How much need to bring for free and easy tour? 1 person only.
Hotel booked and paid.

Write down the attractions you want to visit. Write down their entrance fees. Tabulate it.

I usually budget $20/day for BJ (including transport except to the Great Wall). No fanciful restaurants. Excludes entrance fees and shopping.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,027
Reaction score
1,918
Although Beijing has more than enough sights for the 10 days, to stay within the city confines for all of 10 days will probably be overbearing for me. I suggest an excursion to the wild Great Wall, Shanhaiguan or perhaps Chengde.
 

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2016
Messages
46,418
Reaction score
20
Thanks....
If I bring SGD 1000 for 2 weeks and I bring along the BOC dual currency credit card in case I need it.
SGD 1000 enough for 1 person ? Never go China before.
Don't know the food expensive or not.
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,797
Reaction score
3,596
Thanks....
If I bring SGD 1000 for 2 weeks and I bring along the BOC dual currency credit card in case I need it.
SGD 1000 enough for 1 person ? Never go China before.
Don't know the food expensive or not.

Definitely more than enough. There's cheap and expensive food in Beijing. If you have meals at the likes of Hatsune (at Sanlitun) for every meal, $1000 may not be sufficient. If you are ok with the street side eateries, $1000 is way more than enough.
 

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2016
Messages
46,418
Reaction score
20
Definitely more than enough. There's cheap and expensive food in Beijing. If you have meals at the likes of Hatsune (at Sanlitun) for every meal, $1000 may not be sufficient. If you are ok with the street side eateries, $1000 is way more than enough.

Thanks.
I like street foods. :)
 

durachip

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2007
Messages
693
Reaction score
0
Thanks.
I like street foods. :)

Change your money before going. I think you need at least half a day each for the forbidden palace and the summer palace. You really need a guide for the forbidden palace for the tour to be meaningful. A tour to the great wall will take you a day. A tour to Chengde will also take a day but very rushed. You will feel like you are in Tibet. Can also take the high speed rail for a day tour of Tianjin. The world's biggest LCD ceiling screen at The Place is also interesting. Get close to the birdnest stadium. Very impressive. There is also a Golden Mask show in a theatre designed just for it and choreographed by Zhang Yimou. Quite an eye opener.
 
Last edited:

durachip

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2007
Messages
693
Reaction score
0
160248638.jpg

The world's largest LCD ceiling screen at The Place, Beijing.
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,797
Reaction score
3,596
I booked the Regent Beijing through the Agoda.

Good location! I'm not a fan of Wangfujing though!

I used to like Qianmen but don't quite like it these days.

Be careful of your belongs while in Wangfujing. My sister's friend had his pocket picked.
 

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2016
Messages
46,418
Reaction score
20
K7BRkRYl.jpg



Me at beijing now. People here not very rude like what in my mind. Their public toilet all got door. Girl here are very fair and beautiful. Don't know why everywhere I go also have police officer around. Their mrt got those airport bag scanner.

Sent from Samsung Note 7 using GAGT
 

durachip

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2007
Messages
693
Reaction score
0
K7BRkRYl.jpg



Me at beijing now. People here not very rude like what in my mind. Their public toilet all got door. Girl here are very fair and beautiful. Don't know why everywhere I go also have police officer around. Their mrt got those airport bag scanner.

Sent from Samsung Note 7 using GAGT

At Tiananmen square, you will notice the security officers have fire extinguisher on standby.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,027
Reaction score
1,918
Not everybody in uniform are policemen公安. They have the equivalent of the US TSA, customs海关 who check your luggage and immigration 边检 who check your passports at the airport. In the city there are 城管who are municipal enforcement officers who look at illegal parking, hawker licences etc. All in different shades of blue. Private security guards often dress like policemen, including those in the MRT. All look official. Check the shoulder patches.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top