Going to Chiang Mai NEED HELP!

shun07

Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
472
Reaction score
14
Hi I'm going to Chiang mai for 6 days this coming April. My question is, is it enough for me to go chiang mai and bangkok within this 6 days or should I just stay at chiang mai. I just worried that I will feel bored in Chiang mai. I intention to go there is to go to the long neck village and visit temples and sightseeing. Please advice! :s22:
 

shun07

Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
472
Reaction score
14
probably go shop around as I'm afraid that 6 days in chiang mai is too long for me
 

RSKeisuke

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2000
Messages
31,791
Reaction score
4,896
if shopping is your main agenda, then bkk is a must.

shopping in cm is limited to its sunday walking street market and night bazaar is way too touristy. if you can skip bkk, maybe you can consider pai which is about 3 hours minibus ride away from cm.

from cm, a one day doi inthanon day trip is possible too
 

shun07

Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
472
Reaction score
14
if shopping is your main agenda, then bkk is a must.

shopping in cm is limited to its sunday walking street market and night bazaar is way too touristy. if you can skip bkk, maybe you can consider pai which is about 3 hours minibus ride away from cm.

from cm, a one day doi inthanon day trip is possible too

do you think I should spend 4 days at CM and 2 days in BBK?
 

RSKeisuke

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2000
Messages
31,791
Reaction score
4,896
alright thanks bro. anyway do you have any itinerary for 4 days in CM coz I do not know where to start :s12:

dun really have one.. cm is a place for me to go for relaxation without any schedule/programme/itinerary to follow..

btw, it's actually better to go around dec and jan... weather's great!
 

ahchiong

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
373
Reaction score
0
Hi I'm going to Chiang mai for 6 days this coming April. My question is, is it enough for me to go chiang mai and bangkok within this 6 days or should I just stay at chiang mai. I just worried that I will feel bored in Chiang mai. I intention to go there is to go to the long neck village and visit temples and sightseeing. Please advice! :s22:
Bro u intending to go cm during Songkran? Riding up to cm?
 

amlim

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2000
Messages
1,773
Reaction score
0
dun really have one.. cm is a place for me to go for relaxation without any schedule/programme/itinerary to follow..

btw, it's actually better to go around dec and jan... weather's great!

hi,

if I don't visit temples, are there enough attractions / things to do to fill up 5 or 6 days in Chiangmai?

Thank you.
 

RSKeisuke

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2000
Messages
31,791
Reaction score
4,896
hi,

if I don't visit temples, are there enough attractions / things to do to fill up 5 or 6 days in Chiangmai?

Thank you.

you will need to venture out from CM for those activities.. lot of day tours like rafting, elephant camp, tribe village etc.. clubbing if you are into it.. eat all day, massage all day, basically just chill out relax.
 

addict951

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2002
Messages
188,308
Reaction score
20,550
RSKeisuke, CM at year is more COLD than cool?
I heard got 12°C? WAH
 

chicbeautysg

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2014
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
actually, CNX nothing much really, unless you like going sight seeing or visiting temples (which I love).

maybe you can go and see the pandas at the chiang mai zoo.

another thing is that there is very LIMITED taxi service in CNX.
 

RSKeisuke

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2000
Messages
31,791
Reaction score
4,896
actually, CNX nothing much really, unless you like going sight seeing or visiting temples (which I love).

maybe you can go and see the pandas at the chiang mai zoo.

another thing is that there is very LIMITED taxi service in CNX.

just use the songtaew.. Plenty of them
 

RSKeisuke

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2000
Messages
31,791
Reaction score
4,896
RSKeisuke, CM at year is more COLD than cool?
I heard got 12°C? WAH

best time to go is late nov to jan. If coincide with cold front coming down from china.. Shiok.

i was in pai in dec. Morning temp dipped to single digit
 

victorian07

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
24,688
Reaction score
59
chiangmai is more for laid back chill. i went without an itinerary too. can just walk into the various travel agents there and book a day tour to the doi inthanon, long neck village (karen tribe) etc. many temples too. i was there about 3 days. chill and relax place.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top