Google Nexus 7 2nd generation

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
38,501
Reaction score
12
Oh, not to worry. Apps are all legit or freeware. :) I've bought a license for one of my apps, transferred from iOS so it's all good here.

As it is, scanning my lecture notes so I don't have to carry my thick files around is a huge plus! Definitely much more readable on the go than on my phone. Ah, the "joys" of studying while working. :s13:

/Dan

apps on iOS can be transferred to android?
 

ykeen

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jul 31, 2000
Messages
4,635
Reaction score
128
I never root mine, my usage is only watching videos, surf a little, read ebooks, listening to musics. Personally, I will only root if I need and will make use of the extra privillege, but not to use free/pirated apps.

on Android, the only reason to root is for privileges la.. to 'free' apps normal android without root already can anyhow install apk already, though the source will be of question..
 

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,711
Reaction score
4
apps on iOS can be transferred to android?

For this particular app, not directly. It cost me US$39.99 a few years back, and I read there is a way to buy a multi-device license for a few dollars more. :s13:

Was not willing to pay another US39.99 and one of the major reasons why I didn't shift to Android earlier was that I had to re-purchase many apps, the bulk of which cost a lot of money and I wasn't keen on the double investment.

In any case, it's all good. Decided I'll just use my Nexus 7 stock, no rooting. It's pretty decent for what I want to use it for. There's always the cloud if I need to transfer files.

/Dan
 

yi_shiang

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
5,039
Reaction score
0
Can ASUS Singapore fix the touchscreen issue?
My Nexus 7 from time to time will not respond to touches if the tablet is not held by hand.
 

xXboxXx

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2004
Messages
2,139
Reaction score
0
I also just placed an order for 32gb @ USD$228.23.

Estimated delivery date is:
Friday, May 23, 2014 - Monday, June 2, 2014

Cross fingers I can receive it by end May.
 
Last edited:

jokerd

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
0
Any idea where we go if want to service for touchscreen issue?
(Do they even know how to fix touchscreen issue in the first place?)
 

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
13,607
Reaction score
50
just bought 1 set 32gb from amazon. just asking, the 1 year north america warranty means SG side no warranty right?

Yup, if it breaks down within 30 days, you can send back to Amazon for a replacement. Beyond that time, you need to send back to US for repair.
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,670
Reaction score
2,123
Damn now I feel like selling my nexus 7 2 for the xiaomi tablet :s13:

The Xiaomi Tab is great, but I think if you are not gaming, its not really that critical. The Nexus 7 is still a great device despite its modest specs. I use mine mainly for surfing net, watching movies and reading books. :)
 

LameEntertainer

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
2,073
Reaction score
12
Yup, if it breaks down within 30 days, you can send back to Amazon for a replacement. Beyond that time, you need to send back to US for repair.

My 32GB tablet arrived.

I manage to register online via asus web for warranty...means can claim warranty in sg right?
 

onenineeight0

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
1
there's no free Shipping to SG for Nexus 7 ??

it says free shipping but when i checkout it says cannot ship to this address ??
 
Last edited:

LameEntertainer

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
2,073
Reaction score
12
this is international warranty. Else amazon will not ship to Singapore.

thanks...will try claim warranty if my set *touch wood* got problem in future :s13:

there's no free Shipping to SG for Nexus 7 ??

it says free shipping but when i checkout it says cannot ship to this address ??

you checkout the 32gb version? 32gb version last time cannot, dunno y that time they drop price then somehow can ship to sg...maybe revert back liao...

try the 16gb version instead?


Mine just arrived too last night..thats fast , delivery took less than 2 weeks.


yeah, early morning arrive sg, by noon speedpost pick up and deliver to me...faster than bloody xiaomi
 

yi_shiang

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
5,039
Reaction score
0
Any idea where we go if want to service for touchscreen issue?
(Do they even know how to fix touchscreen issue in the first place?)

Upz for this. :s12::s12:
I need to hold the tablet by both hands for the touchscreen to work accurately.
 

onenineeight0

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
1
thanks...will try claim warranty if my set *touch wood* got problem in future :s13:



you checkout the 32gb version? 32gb version last time cannot, dunno y that time they drop price then somehow can ship to sg...maybe revert back liao...

try the 16gb version instead?





yeah, early morning arrive sg, by noon speedpost pick up and deliver to me...faster than bloody xiaomi


Yeah tried again today and it work with free shipping :)
 

squeeish

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
6,777
Reaction score
5
Asus service centre at burn road.

I've sent in mine for repair once. Worked well for a few months... now the problem is back again.

This has stained the Asus brand in my eyes.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top