Google Nexus 7 2nd generation

yi_shiang

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2003
Messages
5,039
Reaction score
0
My Nexus 7 got touchscreen got problem went to their service centre at burn road.
Now need to wait for them to repair. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

My Nexus 7 2013 has this problem too, sometimes I can't unlock the screen and have to do a hard restart.

Do they manage to fix the touchscreen problem? And howlong does it took them? :s11:
 

jokerd

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
0
My Nexus 7 2013 has this problem too, sometimes I can't unlock the screen and have to do a hard restart.

Do they manage to fix the touchscreen problem? And howlong does it took them? :s11:

Seems ok after it came back. Didn't notice any problems yet... But so far only using it to read stuff so not very high usage yet.
Turnaround is about 1++ week The counter staff told me that they actually send to another site to fix it, replaced the screen and charging port for me (I also got complain that the usb difficult to put in)
 

Rong626

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
1,167
Reaction score
181
A brand new one from retailers is still rather pricey. Therefore, I'm looking for a used, near mint condition to buy. 16GB should be sufficient
 

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2001
Messages
10,923
Reaction score
0
For the past couple of months, my Nexus won't auto-rotate. I did some googling around and found some that:
- said they noticed it happened after upgrading to Kitkat
- said it could be a problem with the accelerometer
- Suggested doing a factory reset since the issue could be due to some rouge app or something.

After weeks of trying to figure out what could be wrong, I finally decided to reset the unit to factory default. Alas, the unit won't auto-rotate still. I checked Amazon and found that this was purchased Nov 2013 so I suppose it's covered by warranty still. Can anybody advise if this needs to be sent back to Amazon or Asus in SG will do?

:Later,
 

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
65,557
Reaction score
3,118
Try asus sg first. I brought my t100 windows ebay set to fix n they gave warranty.
 

zacky1223

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2011
Messages
1,853
Reaction score
50
hi guys not sure if its the right place to ask, i want to sell my nexus 7 2013 lte set its 1 year old someone offer me $300 do you guys think its a good price ?
 

zonester

Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
132
Reaction score
0
hi guys not sure if its the right place to ask, i want to sell my nexus 7 2013 lte set its 1 year old someone offer me $300 do you guys think its a good price ?

I was at a Funan store 2 weeks ago, and wanted to trade in my same Nexus 7 2013 model (bought in Oct 2013) for a Samsung Galaxy S 8 inch tablet. The guy offered me $120 :-( It was no deal for me.

So I would say $300 is not bad. If I'm given $300, I think I'll sell mine as well.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top