Google Nexus 7 2nd generation

satch

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2000
Messages
8,192
Reaction score
0
Folks just SIC

Best denki city sq and bedok mall selling nexus 7 LTE 32gb at 409 only.

Grab it while it lasts:D
 

DXMachina

Banned
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
6,259
Reaction score
0
Just got my hands on this awesome tablet (late to the party I know). However, it can't seem to detect my secondary multiSIM card (tied to a number but can't receive calls) which I normally use for my tablets (works fine on iPad and Z2 Tablet). I tried another multiSIM card and same thing, the N7 can't detect it at all. Normal SIM cards work fine on the N7.

Anyone knows how I can solve this please? :( Am not about to get another line just for the N7 tablet...
 

ykeen

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jul 31, 2000
Messages
4,635
Reaction score
128
Am on SingTel, but the funny thing is that when I try to save the entered APN, there is nothing saved at all, and when I go back to check the APN nothing is there.

not sure if these URLs help

Nexus 5 definative APN settings

Go to:
(System) Settings>Wireless & Networks (more. . .)>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names. Create new APN by pressing on the plus symbol with a circle.

or this

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=40658
or
Nexus 4 - can't save APN
 

DXMachina

Banned
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
6,259
Reaction score
0

Thanks for your help again ykeen! Turns out that the 2nd hand N7 I bought was defective after all...going to get a refund on it.

The reason why I found out was because I decided to bite the bullet and get a brand new N7 from Courts at Ang Mo Kio today. I tested it on the spot and the multi-SIM card worked like a charm. Courts is selling the 32GB LTE version at $399, so for anyone interested, I would say it's a pretty good bargain for a brand new N7. :)
 

flame2000

Banned
Joined
Sep 20, 2000
Messages
19,713
Reaction score
1,552
Nope it's the 2013 2nd gen version. Certified as I got one myself. :)


Sent from GAGT Android App

You sure about that? :s11:
I went to the Courts website. The one on sale for $399 is a first generation 32GB LTE version with a screen resolution of 1280 x 800 & a Nvidia Tegra 1.3GHz processor as stated in their spec page. The 2nd gen has a resolution of 1920 x 1200 and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.5GHz processor.

ASUS 7IN NVIDIA TEGRA 3 32GB 3G ANDROID 4.1 NEXUS7 ASUS-1B079A Tablets - Courts Online Shopping
 

xenotouch

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
You sure about that? :s11:
I went to the Courts website. The one on sale for $399 is a first generation 32GB LTE version with a screen resolution of 1280 x 800 & a Nvidia Tegra 1.3GHz processor as stated in their spec page. The 2nd gen has a resolution of 1920 x 1200 and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.5GHz processor.

ASUS 7IN NVIDIA TEGRA 3 32GB 3G ANDROID 4.1 NEXUS7 ASUS-1B079A Tablets - Courts Online Shopping

Hi, the real page you should be looking at is:

ASUS 7IN 32GB LTE ANDROID JELLY BEAN ANDROID 4.3 NEXUS 7C-1A027A Tablets - Courts Online Shopping

1 piece left as of this post. Besides if you look closely at your link, it says the item has been discontinued and you can't even add to your cart. :)
 

DXMachina

Banned
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
6,259
Reaction score
0
Hi, the real page you should be looking at is:

ASUS 7IN 32GB LTE ANDROID JELLY BEAN ANDROID 4.3 NEXUS 7C-1A027A Tablets - Courts Online Shopping

1 piece left as of this post. Besides if you look closely at your link, it says the item has been discontinued and you can't even add to your cart. :)

Yep, and it seems that if you search for "nexus" at their site, it no longer lists the 399 Nexus 2nd gen in the search results. It was there when I bought mine. In fact when I was at the store the staff quoted me 529 at first, until I showed them the price on their site, so I got it at 399..
 

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
54,548
Reaction score
191
Never owned a tablet before. Was wondering whether is it possible to purchased from Amazon instead of locally? Warranty is international or? :s11:

Its no difference from buying at Amazon and locally?
 

Plaster

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2013
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Never owned a tablet before. Was wondering whether is it possible to purchased from Amazon instead of locally? Warranty is international or? :s11:

Its no difference from buying at Amazon and locally?

You'll get the American charger instead of the normal ones that we use
 

Lightbreak

Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
0
Is it better to get this tablet from Amazon than SG stores? How much is SG selling?
Warranty is valid in SG even if it's brought from Amazon right?
 

BlueBull

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,353
Reaction score
135
Received my Nexus 7 2013 32GB Wifi this morning from courier.
Yet to set it up. Wondering if you guys use any screen protector on it or use it naked?
 

Starpod

Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
384
Reaction score
0
Received my Nexus 7 2013 32GB Wifi this morning from courier.
Yet to set it up. Wondering if you guys use any screen protector on it or use it naked?

I'm using it without screen protector, but with cover case instead.
 

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
54,548
Reaction score
191
Wondering if I should get Nexus 7 now for girlfriend or wait until Black Friday.

Girlfriend only uses it to watch HK drama so she doesn't really need the latest one which is about to debut soon.
 

ah_cleo

Master Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2005
Messages
4,055
Reaction score
27
i am selling my under utilized Nexus 7 2013 32gb LTE. full package available. only use to watch movie at home. still have warranty til end of the year if i remember correctly. i will confirm with Asus and update in the thread.

Price i looking to sell is $350(nego)
 

BlueBull

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,353
Reaction score
135
After a few days with my Nexus 7 WIFI (2013), setting up, updating to Android 4.4.4, surfing, etc, i must say, its pretty darn good! I have used (owned or otherwise) quite a number of android tablets and this is the best Android tablet out there.

Very stable, very creamy smooth operation, very slick design. The screen is gorgeous to use.

They should market this alongside the Nexus 6 and 9 instead of out phasing it.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top