Google pay suddenly stopped functioning when all setting unchanged

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Same here, google havent replied or get back to me. Today went to toastbox had the same error. The cashier said many gpay user having similar issues. Some using samsung devices.

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Seriously google u need to step up ur game for the app. And btw they locked the reviews for gpay. Guess they dare not open the reviews to public risking the image of gpay haha such a puss

jtchoy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same here, google havent replied or get back to me. Today went to toastbox had the same error. The cashier said many gpay user having similar issues. Some using samsung devices.
I never had error at retail, always works perfectly even from a few cm away.

Have not tried retail with latest GPay though.

jtchoy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GPay is more reliable for me when app is open. More testing required but so far works immediately on the bus.

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Gpay issue still not fix. My friend using 10t pro previously having all these issues, now fixed already.

LHM_BB01_Minerva

Reaction score
Gpay version 141.1.7 here , using Sony Xperia 1 III, on mrt gantry is on and off getting insufficient credit error , out of 5 tries 1-2 times will work, then when you try to exit from another station, need multiple tries to work, often get invalid card error on gantry

Tried on North south line and purple line, previously using Google Pixel 5 and Pixel 6 Pro, both have no issues on those gantries, however both of the pixel phones are unable to tap though Thomson-East Coast line, will get insufficient credit error, tried Google Plixel 2 XL and it works however

Jun Jun

Reaction score
On 141 software, today i uninstalled the gpay and installed back suddenly it works flawlessly on my mi 11t pro. Fingercrossed. Anyways the nfc antenna is beside the camera module

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Gpay version 141.1.7 here , using Sony Xperia 1 III, on mrt gantry is on and off getting insufficient credit error , out of 5 tries 1-2 times will work, then when you try to exit from another station, need multiple tries to work, often get invalid card error on gantry

Tried on North south line and purple line, previously using Google Pixel 5 and Pixel 6 Pro, both have no issues on those gantries, however both of the pixel phones are unable to tap though Thomson-East Coast line, will get insufficient credit error, tried Google Plixel 2 XL and it works however
On the same version as well but I am using mate 20 x ,old firmware OS
No problem detecting the phone even if it's 10cm away from the reader

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
In fact, have no issue with whatever version of gpay on my mate 20 x

LoneTraveller

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Latest GPay 140.1.3 more reliable for me so far.

11T Pro half the time works immediately, otherwise shows 'that didn't work' then works after holding for 1 or 2 seconds.

Had 1 occasion didn't work after few attempts, had to use physical card.

Hope there'll be more updates soon to make it more reliable!
Maybe u wanna try turning off nfc and turning it on again. It works for me on my poco x3 nfc.

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe u wanna try turning off nfc and turning it on again. It works for me on my poco x3 nfc.

I'm using on X3 NFC. Encountered a few times in the past where I try to tap when getting off the bus and it doesn;t work.

Now every single time, before I alight, I'll turn off NFC, turn on, and make sure the correct card is showing.

LoneTraveller

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using on X3 NFC. Encountered a few times in the past where I try to tap when getting off the bus and it doesn;t work.

Now every single time, before I alight, I'll turn off NFC, turn on, and make sure the correct card is showing.
No need to be so uptight about it. It glitches once in a while nia. Make sure u keep the phone updated at all times. I notice that there is plenty of updates to the apps on a almost daily basis.

Jun Jun

Reaction score

Guess this is the current workabout... The app still not fixed. However it did get better

rerear

Reaction score
Is this fixed? On Miui 12.5.14, reader able to detect but says unable to transact.

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my issue kinda "solved" when I bought a Samsung galaxy z fold 3. just tested it during Sunday for a train ride and it worked flawlessly. so now my old mi 10T pro is passed to my father who doesn't use this function... and on the other hand, my wife's mi 10T pro has amazingly been no issue at all.

rerear

Reaction score
still seeing the "that didn't work" error... maybe need the miui 13. first time trying xiaomi phone... seems really problematic OS

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.