Google Pixel 6 series

What colors do you want to see on the Pixel 6?

• Black / White / Red (as renders) Matte Black Black

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Matte Black

Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Black / White (Panda)

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Clearly White

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Just Black

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Not Pink / Sand

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Really Blue / Kinda Blue

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Oh So Orange

Votes: 24 16.4%
  • Sorta Sage

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters

Vulpix

Reaction score
According to some sources (or rather anecdotes) online:
Eg.

And a few other ones from Carousell and Qoo10:

https://www.carousell.sg/p/psa-goog...637167093827&t-referrer=/likes/&t-tap_index=1

https://qoo.tn/BZqkxX/Q178927565 : It's in one of the reviews, can't share a direct link to that review.

Google seems to offer an international warranty of some sort, and they cover imported sets from other countries, like US and UK .etc. Don't quote me on this though, do your own DD.
I did my own checks and it's case by case basis. Sometimes they will honour other times they will not.

gluexi

Reaction score
I did my own checks and it's case by case basis. Sometimes they will honour other times they will not.
They told me if those parts like motherboard damage then gg, they also can't do much. If those small modules then perhaps they can cover it under warranty.

kryptonit3

Reaction score
Well, there is a reason some of us choose slightly costly option. At least for my case they are able to provide a direct replacement.

HodlToMoon

Reaction score
took the plunge got the one from qoo10
Got one as well, can't wait for it to be shipped out by next week, figured that no point waiting for local launch when there's none to begin with.

Oh and for those who paid with Grabpay, Grab actually partnered with Mastercard to offer both a E Commerce protection, and a mobile phone protection, granted you pay for your purchase in full with Grab's Mastercard or that you pay for your monthly phone bills with your Grabpay Mastercard for the latter. By doing so, they will actually insure your e-commerce purchase, and your mobile phone is insured from accidental damage and theft, BUT only to a certain amount, considering that if you pay your phone bills with Grab's Mastercard. Naturally, this comes with some terms and conditions, so do take a good read if you're planning to take advantage of it.

More details here:
https://assets.grab.com/wp-content/...09/mc_sg_grab_tcs_2020.pdf?grab_external=true
https://help.grab.com/passenger/en-sg/360037130692

HodlToMoon

Reaction score
any good p60 tempered glass scree protector to recommend? thanks!
If by p60, you mean Pixel 6, then yea, this tempered glass screen protector from Ibywind not bad. https://s.lazada.sg/s.00wkD

I've bought a couple from them for different devices, eg. Mi 10T and even the Oppo Reno 5 with in-display fingerprint, they all worked like a charm! Pretty great bang for the buck I must say, especially at 7.99 for 2 pcs. Installation was a breeze personally, for my past few devices at least, and it doesn't take a genius to apply. This one is a full clear tempered glass, meaning it has no black sides.

Last edited:

i_am_fatimah

Master Member
Reaction score
i ended up getting from pengmarket instead, took the plunge to try this shop

the other shop ETA is end of feb, i cant wait

pengmarket mentioned about 5 days to reach sg after shipping out, hope all goes well

HodlToMoon

Reaction score
i ended up getting from pengmarket instead, took the plunge to try this shop

the other shop ETA is end of feb, i cant wait

pengmarket mentioned about 5 days to reach sg after shipping out, hope all goes well
Wah, I commend you for your bravery, my friend. I wish you best of luck, and hope your Pixel 6 arrives in one piece. 👍 Jokes aside, yea, the one from Hot Deal Shop sure takes damn long, I guess it's cheap for a reason, hope mine arrives in one good piece as well.

i_am_fatimah

Master Member
Reaction score
what colour you got? btw you notice for such shops that sell pixels at such low price, they dont have the pro variant

HodlToMoon

Reaction score
what colour you got? btw you notice for such shops that sell pixels at such low price, they dont have the pro variant
I got Stormy Black, lazy wait one more week for Green. Yea, now that you mentioned it, it really is quite strange... Maybe cause of low or no demand here, or too high demand in the US so no stock here, cannot be right? Oh, just noticed, Kinda Coral is in stock now on Qoo10, but shipping is so damn long, need wait until 24th Feb to ship out, guess I'll stick with Black then.

junior89

Reaction score
If by p60, you mean Pixel 6, then yea, this tempered glass screen protector from Ibywind not bad.
https://s.lazada.sg/s.00wkD
I've bought a couple from them for different devices, eg. Mi 10T and even the Oppo Reno 5 with in-display fingerprint, they all worked like a charm! Pretty great bang for the buck I must say, especially at 7.99 for 2 pcs. Installation was a breeze personally, for my past few devices at least, and it doesn't take a genius to apply. This one is a full clear tempered glass, meaning it has no black sides.

ps bro. haha just realized i typo. shld be p6p. pro model hahaha

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

HodlToMoon

Reaction score
anyone know if Singapore will have a release??
No one knows for sure, until now, even for the HWZ article which states that they apparently "confirmed" with Google Singapore that the Pixel 6 will come to SG, but still no direct and official source from Google themselves about the launch. I've given Google Support a call pertaining to this matter before, and they gave me sibeh vague answers, even the support agent said she dunno, so far got no plans yet. If you look around here, you should see a few more posts, eg:

The post I made earlier:
Hey guys, just wondering is there anyone still waiting for Google to launch the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro here in SG? Cause, I've tried to contact Google Support with regards to this, and apparently, I was told that Google actually have no plans to launch the Pixel 6 series in Singapore yet. I was also told that Google is actively trying to expand their Pixel 6 market, so albeit Google said they have no plans to launch in SG, though, there is a possibility that Pixel 6 might be coming to SG next year, though this is only a possibility, not a confirmation by any means. As such, I'm in a dilemma already, don't know if I should get one locally, or that I should just wait for Pixel 6 to launch in SG which might not happen at all.

One mod said will come but no source:

Got news Liao. Pixel 6 will come to Singapore later next year. :)

Got one bro asked the Google service center here in SG (aka CTDI) and they said maybe next month but not confirmed:

Yup, I went to check on them again, CTDI have access to repair parts already. Even got parts list repair cost. But can't release to me.

Take note also that the guy told me in general, only AU and JP set will have issue to claim warranty repair. But Some in the past did email to Google SG and make an exception and in the end still able to get it repair here under warranty.

While talking to the guy, I saw 5 boxes of 6 and 6p under repair leow(under warranty). Lol. Mostly due to screen cracked.

Those US, CA, UK, TW got cover in warranty, but he advised to email them first and state the serial number before coming down so they can double check on it and not waste your trip.

Beside screen they are able to repair/replace most of the parts, back panel($219), camera, speaker module and etc is able to repair too.

Lastly asked when will it come out, he say maybe next month lol. But no confirm lah. Ask wait to see advertisment :ROFLMAO:

And many more with conflicting information, go do a thread-wide search and you shall see.

TLDR: No one knows ****, no official sources, so depends whether you want to wait or not. Even if Pixel 6 does eventually come, high chance, it's gonna be like March or later lol, can wait for 6a or 7 already, such a late release. Many of us, including me, just gave up and bought from Qoo10 since now got offer and CTDI covers some aspects of the phone (also entirely anecdotal, no official statement yet)

HodlToMoon

Reaction score
are we able to use p6 from US? does it come "unlocked"? and to be use on singtel/m1/starhub?
Depends on where and which model you buy really, if you buy an unlocked one then you get an unlocked phone, and vice versa. Yes, you can use it with local telco, so far the main complaint here is that 5G cannot use, but after the Dec and Jan updates, seems like it's fixed already, but don't take my word for it, again do your own DD. Otherwise, shld be fine for all other telcos (check the freq. band), maybe not entirely for TPG cause got some complain cannot use VoLTE directly and must use TPG's app to make phone calls. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Poojou

Reaction score
No one knows for sure, until now, even for the HWZ article which states that they apparently "confirmed" with Google Singapore that the Pixel 6 will come to SG, but still no direct and official source from Google themselves about the launch. I've given Google Support a call pertaining to this matter before, and they gave me sibeh vague answers, even the support agent said she dunno, so far got no plans yet. If you look around here, you should see a few more posts, eg:

The post I made earlier:

One mod said will come but no source:

Got one bro asked the Google service center here in SG (aka CTDI) and they said maybe next month but not confirmed:

And many more with conflicting information, go do a thread-wide search and you shall see.

TLDR: No one knows ****, no official sources, so depends whether you want to wait or not. Even if Pixel 6 does eventually come, high chance, it's gonna be like March or later lol, can wait for 6a or 7 already, such a late release. Many of us, including me, just gave up and bought from Qoo10 since now got offer and CTDI covers some aspects of the phone (also entirely anecdotal, no official statement yet)

Google updating the 5g support specifically with Singaporean carriers with no 5g pixel handset hmmmm.

Also Google support (after a bit of an argument) were adamant that cdti could undertake any in warranty repairs.

All signs point to... Maybe?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.