Google Pixel 6a

Which would you rather keep: the camera or the chip?

• 50MP Samsung GN1 sensor

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • Tensor GS101 SoC

Votes: 36 55.4%

• Total voters

tictactor

Master Member
Reaction score
I was keen to get this phone to upgrade my 4.5 year old Mi A1, but felt DOA to me with its >500 price point :(

andriod

Reaction score
Pixel 6a is more ex, perhaps need to wait for discounts. Previously my pixel 3a xl have apps that cannot be install, e.g. Roblox, Yi camera app. Quite fustrating, even though it's pure google.

dean_h

Reaction score
Looks like good deal but I cannot go back to 60hz screen liao. :frown:
Agree! Wished Google made a better tradeoff here, especially at this mid-high tier pricing which is close to a discounted Pixel 6.

Other mid-range devices like the Galaxy A5x series has a 90Hz screen and the Nothing Phone (1) has a 120Hz screen.

Loser

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree! Wished Google made a better tradeoff here, especially at this mid-high tier pricing which is close to a discounted Pixel 6.

Other mid-range devices like the Galaxy A5x series has a 90Hz screen and the Nothing Phone (1) has a 120Hz screen.
Their camera software and OS support somewhat justify the premium in pricing, but screen refresh rate is something that cannot be unseen once you experience higher refresh rate, and the display is the primary interface we interact with our phone so...

This compromise is a deal breaker for me.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used a sd855 90hz phone before current Pixel 4a. Is it noticeable ? Sure. But does 60hz make the Pixel 4a a terrible phone to use. Nope ( for me )

Although, at $749 I feel that Google should have included 90hz. Else the price should be closer to $699

x1243x

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used a sd855 90hz phone before current Pixel 4a. Is it noticeable ? Sure. But does 60hz make the Pixel 4a a terrible phone to use. Nope ( for me )

Although, at $749 I feel that Google should have included 90hz. Else the price should be closer to $699
does google actually lower the prices of their phone when it becomes older?

aucheukyan

Master Member
Reaction score
does google actually lower the prices of their phone when it becomes older?
don't think so, but you can always wait until resellers give discounts. even big stores like challenger give discounts for them after a while

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.