Google Pixel 6a

Which would you rather keep: the camera or the chip?

• 50MP Samsung GN1 sensor

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • Tensor GS101 SoC

Votes: 36 55.4%

• Total voters

felixis

Reaction score
Is good. I can vouch for the quality
New here, totally agree on ibywind TG quality plus the ease of installing with the supplied plastic frame, each pack comes with 2x TG so it's worth the price, fitment is perfect and most importantly it works well with the fingerprint scanner.

Tried nanotech and it's terrible, fingerprint scanner goes haywire and the fitment is way off, align it to the top front camera hole and the bottom will have slight excess that doesn't stick to the screen, it's an eye sore.

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New here, totally agree on ibywind TG quality plus the ease of installing with the supplied plastic frame, each pack comes with 2x TG so it's worth the price, fitment is perfect and most importantly it works well with the fingerprint scanner.

Tried nanotech and it's terrible, fingerprint scanner goes haywire and the fitment is way off, align it to the top front camera hole and the bottom will have slight excess that doesn't stick to the screen, it's an eye sore.
Yes. Give me a choice i definitely go for ibywind! Comes with everything u need, even back protector, camera protector, alignment kit, and 2 x tempered glass just for 9 dollars.

Besides that, coating of the glass is damn good too

ranmaru1987

Reaction score
Yes. Give me a choice i definitely go for ibywind! Comes with everything u need, even back protector, camera protector, alignment kit, and 2 x tempered glass just for 9 dollars.
Besides that, coating of the glass is damn good too

second this.. ibywind no horse run.. the only screen protector better I think is smart devil..

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

alfy

Reaction score
hi guys,
im presently on pixel4A but have this weird issue with WhatsApp camera showing band lines when taking photo of my pc screen.
if i use the normal camera app on its own, the bands will not be visible.
i think its got to do with the 50hz freq of our power supply.
im not sure if my 4A is US set or local set as i bought it used.
Does anyone have same issue with your 6A on WhatsApp camera?
Im afraid to get the US sets in case it exhibits the same issue. But i heard our local sets are US sets?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
im presently on pixel4A but have this weird issue with WhatsApp camera showing band lines when taking photo of my pc screen.
if i use the normal camera app on its own, the bands will not be visible.
i think its got to do with the 50hz freq of our power supply.
im not sure if my 4A is US set or local set as i bought it used.
Does anyone have same issue with your 6A on WhatsApp camera?
Im afraid to get the US sets in case it exhibits the same issue. But i heard our local sets are US sets?

I don't think it's an issue. Some actions cams employ software trick to avoid flickering due to the 50/60hz power supply in different countries. Google Camera app may have done something similar but their camera software is proprietary.

3rd party apps like Whatsapp only have access to the basic camera functionality which may be the reason why it is displaying the bands.

That being said, I just tested taking photo of my monitor ( 120hz ) with both gcam and whatsapp using Pixel 6a. No bands.

Last edited:

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score

Wah u say until so good that I cannot tahan but go order the ibywind TG from Lazada.

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Also want to add that the battery life of this phone is damn good compared to my previous s22, I guess it's the software optimisation and 60hz screen.
I can start using phone from 6am till 10.30pm and still has 15% battery, something impossible with my s22 last time.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also want to add that the battery life of this phone is damn good compared to my previous s22, I guess it's the software optimisation and 60hz screen.
I can start using phone from 6am till 10.30pm and still has 15% battery, something impossible with my s22 last time.

Sony Xperia 10 iv I no need power bank. 6a 50% before I come home

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah u say until so good that I cannot tahan but go order the ibywind TG from Lazada.

value for money la bro. u try it when it comes then u know why we said that. u earn so much money flipping p6a, this one cheap cheap to u la :s13:

alfy

Reaction score
I don't think it's an issue. Some actions cams employ software trick to avoid flickering due to the 50/60hz power supply in different countries. Google Camera app may have done something similar but their camera software is proprietary.

3rd party apps like Whatsapp only have access to the basic camera functionality which may be the reason why it is displaying the bands.

That being said, I just tested taking photo of my monitor ( 120hz ) with both gcam and whatsapp using Pixel 6a. No bands.
thanks for checking. im now definitely going to upgrade to 6A.
but ive seen some sellers selling Japanese Sets for lower price than local sets.
Are there any major difference between Jap and local sets than will affect our usage?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for checking. im now definitely going to upgrade to 6A.
but ive seen some sellers selling Japanese Sets for lower price than local sets.
Are there any major difference between Jap and local sets than will affect our usage?
Asked and answered before in this thread.
You should be able to find the post via search

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.