GPU temps

poooooo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
12,905
Reaction score
3,390
sg is too near to the equator :vijayadmin:
sometimes if it gets too hot, I have to remove side panel
and turn on the aircon, no choice. :(
 

reignytion

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
34
Reaction score
1
The temps are quite normal imo. I'm also running palit gtx 970, overwatch also gives me that kind of temps i.e. Max 80 deg. Also it's not like your ambient temp drop 1 degree then your gfx card temp also drop 1 degree proportionately. So don't worry.
 

greatgreenman

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2016
Messages
566
Reaction score
16
The temps are quite normal imo. I'm also running palit gtx 970, overwatch also gives me that kind of temps i.e. Max 80 deg. Also it's not like your ambient temp drop 1 degree then your gfx card temp also drop 1 degree proportionately. So don't worry.

No la I'm not worrying. My original thought was that with 2 premium Phanteks fans along with my stock casing fans I'd get a nice temp like 70C while under full load. Who knew Overwatch's cartoonish graphics demanded so much more than my other games
 

jgyy1990

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2012
Messages
12,422
Reaction score
88
The temperature is dependent on how much power draw from your gpu. If power drawn over 400w. No matter how good your cooling is it will still hit over 80 degree
 

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
15,543
Reaction score
266
No la I'm not worrying. My original thought was that with 2 premium Phanteks fans along with my stock casing fans I'd get a nice temp like 70C while under full load. Who knew Overwatch's cartoonish graphics demanded so much more than my other games

again, chances are that you are limited by the GPU cooler, so it doesn't really matter what casing fans you change to.

The temperature is dependent on how much power draw from your gpu. If power drawn over 400w. No matter how good your cooling is it will still hit over 80 degree

wrong, and i'm not even sure where to begin to refute this.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top