greatgreenman
Senior Member
- Joined
- May 19, 2016
- Messages
- 566
- Reaction score
- 16
So I've currently got 4 fans installed in my system. 2 intake fans in the front, one 120mm, the other 140mm; 1 120mm exhaust in the back, and 1 140mm exhaust on the top back.
Both 120mm fans are manually controlled by a three speed fan controller, while my 140mm fans are controlled by the mobo. Only 2 sysfan connectors on my mobo unfortunately.
The dumb thing is that even with 4 fans, my GPU idle temp averages 42-45C, while the highest it goes under load (max gfx Overwatch) is 80C. Apparently Overwatch gfx are more demanding than MGSV and Shadow of Mordor, but anyway -
Shouldn't my temps be lower even though I've 4 fans? I've read online and others seem to only have up to 70C while under load! wth??
Any suggestions on how I can further lower my GPU temp?
Both 120mm fans are manually controlled by a three speed fan controller, while my 140mm fans are controlled by the mobo. Only 2 sysfan connectors on my mobo unfortunately.
The dumb thing is that even with 4 fans, my GPU idle temp averages 42-45C, while the highest it goes under load (max gfx Overwatch) is 80C. Apparently Overwatch gfx are more demanding than MGSV and Shadow of Mordor, but anyway -
Shouldn't my temps be lower even though I've 4 fans? I've read online and others seem to only have up to 70C while under load! wth??
Any suggestions on how I can further lower my GPU temp?


