Graphic card unable to work with driver

DevilCurseYou

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
560
Reaction score
0
I need help troubleshooting.

I bought a secondhand GTX 570, and I use windows 7 64 bit. It can run with generic driver or safe mode, but when I use recent driver like 372.54,376.19 or 376.33, it cannot load; After the Windows loading screen, the computer will lose video connection or it will be BSOD. I also tried downloading a driver using Windows device manager, but the driver doesnt make a difference either.

On another PC with Windows 10, Windows can load, but improperly. The graphic card will have error code 43 with an updated driver, apparently reverting to generic driver.

Is there any troubleshooting steps I should take before declaring the graphic card spoilt?
 
Last edited:

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,841
Reaction score
1,782
If u install older ones still cannot work, means card is FAULTY.

Go ask for money back, unless seller run road.

Next time should ask him show proof that it works before u buy.
 

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
25,846
Reaction score
159
I need help troubleshooting.

I bought a secondhand GTX 570, and I use windows 7 64 bit. It can run with generic driver or safe mode, but when I use recent driver like 372.54,376.19 or 376.33, it cannot load; After the Windows loading screen, the computer will lose video connection or it will be BSOD. I also tried downloading a driver using Windows device manager, bu the driver doesnt make a difference either.

On another PC with Windows 10, Windows can load, but improperly. The graphic card will have error code 43 with an updated driver, apparently reverting back to reverting generic driver.

Is there any troubleshooting steps I should take before declaring the graphic card spoilt?
when u install the nvidia driver did u select clean installation? '

Maybe u can list your parts that you are using?

msg the seller and ask him about it
 

DevilCurseYou

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
560
Reaction score
0
just tried 314.22 and it still doesnt work.

Ya, i forgot about cleaning old driver. but I tried again, this time cleaning with "Display Driver Uninstaller", and then selecting clean installation. still doesnt work
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top