Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

theclerksays

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
464
Reaction score
0
check whether there are paint accumulating at the tip of the airbrush. if there are, it could be due to damaged o-ring or nozzle not tightened properly. damaged needle is also a possible cause.

the splattering is just paint or got water? if got water then is coz too humid liao.

thanks for your help

yes there was paint accumulating at the tip. when I press the trigger down without pulling back, there was paint spitting. I just tightened the o-ring after your post.

I will try again tomorrow and update my findings...
 

sbhboi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
4,047
Reaction score
0
Rong taim no come here liao. =)

P1050927_resize.JPG


Recent work.
 

theclerksays

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
464
Reaction score
0
Ok I think I know whats wrong. the airbrush nozzle is off centre and actually pointing upwards. and the needle is bent.

switched to my 0.3 needle and nozzle. tomorrow will try again. btw when I just press down the trigger without pulling back, there is still paint spraying instead of just clean air...

Anyway heres the GPGT. The piece is abit dusty but it turned out ok..

IMAG0183.jpg


IMAG0182.jpg


I'm redoing the yellow V fin cos of all the splattering....:(
 

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
17,525
Reaction score
24
Ok I think I know whats wrong. the airbrush nozzle is off centre and actually pointing upwards. and the needle is bent.

switched to my 0.3 needle and nozzle. tomorrow will try again. btw when I just press down the trigger without pulling back, there is still paint spraying instead of just clean air...

did u drop ur airbrush or something?

wat brand is ur airbrush? can go back shop buy replacement parts
 

theclerksays

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
464
Reaction score
0
did u drop ur airbrush or something?

wat brand is ur airbrush? can go back shop buy replacement parts

no i didnt drop the airbrush... got it from airbrush.sg.

not sure if buying a spare needle would help cos the nozzle itself is pointing upwards... so even if the new needle is straight will still have the same prob...

later i try spraying without the needle guard and see how.
 

sliver0503

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
5,578
Reaction score
4
no i didnt drop the airbrush... got it from airbrush.sg.

not sure if buying a spare needle would help cos the nozzle itself is pointing upwards... so even if the new needle is straight will still have the same prob...

later i try spraying without the needle guard and see how.

how long has you bought it? if there is warranty then send it back to the supplier for checking?

or call the supplier for advice?
 
Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
17,525
Reaction score
24
no i didnt drop the airbrush... got it from airbrush.sg.

not sure if buying a spare needle would help cos the nozzle itself is pointing upwards... so even if the new needle is straight will still have the same prob...

later i try spraying without the needle guard and see how.

check whether the nozzle is properly fixed and tightened. nozzle can be replaced too if damaged.

if still cannot, then bring back to seller for repair/replacement
 

theclerksays

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
464
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, just an update...

Today I tried spraying with the needle guard off. somehow the airbrush is working like it should.

weird...

anyway I think I'll be getting a spare nozzle and needle too. Finished spraying grey today. maybe the kit will be completed by this weekend:D
 

JuicyBug

Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
looks quite ok to me

Ok I think I know whats wrong. the airbrush nozzle is off centre and actually pointing upwards. and the needle is bent.

switched to my 0.3 needle and nozzle. tomorrow will try again. btw when I just press down the trigger without pulling back, there is still paint spraying instead of just clean air...

Anyway heres the GPGT. The piece is abit dusty but it turned out ok..

IMAG0183.jpg


IMAG0182.jpg


I'm redoing the yellow V fin cos of all the splattering....:(
 

cyberpig

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2001
Messages
5,596
Reaction score
846
Just got a few kits in Hong Kong. Anyone knows where I can get basic tools and spray cans in the west (CCK, Bukit Bat ok, etc)?. Sunshine Plaza a little too out of the way..
 

aucheukyan

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2009
Messages
4,647
Reaction score
328
Just got a few kits in Hong Kong. Anyone knows where I can get basic tools and spray cans in the west (CCK, Bukit Bat ok, etc)?. Sunshine Plaza a little too out of the way..

probably no...... the nearest is hobby point tiong bahru plaza ba
 

Hellscythe

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
2,348
Reaction score
8
Hi. Anyone can rec some places to get gundams in taipei and the rough pricing as compared to singapore? will be going there next week. Thanks!!
 

maxokw

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2000
Messages
1,820
Reaction score
0
Hi. Anyone can rec some places to get gundams in taipei and the rough pricing as compared to singapore? will be going there next week. Thanks!!

万年商业大楼 last level in 西门町.

google in google map, No.70, Xining S. Rd

Price cheaper then in SG about 30%-40%?
 

ongkh2000

Master Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
3,318
Reaction score
0
wan nian building is the best place to go. level 4, the shop directly in front of the elevator. or in fact any stores aroudn that level. you wont regret
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top