GX70 3BE Dual Graphics problem. Help?

trollandroll

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I can't seem to enable Dual graphics (Hybrid Crossfire) on my laptop and I need some help.
Specs:
CPU : AMD A10-5750M
GPU : HD 8970M
RAM : 8 GB DDR3
OS : Windows 8 64 bit
 

Hailgod

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
3,916
Reaction score
309
This might sound stupid but, do you mind explaining to me?

The 8970 is way superior to the a10 integrated graphics card. Only a card that is similar performance to the a10's can crossfire with it. Its already so good why u even bother to crossfire?
 

trollandroll

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
The 8970 is way superior to the a10 integrated graphics card. Only a card that is similar performance to the a10's can crossfire with it. Its already so good why u even bother to crossfire?

Because it is kinda lagging on Crysis 3 Medium settings. Btw it is "Hybrid CrossfireX" or 'ATI Hybrid Graphics'.
It is APU + GPU dual graphics
 

Hailgod

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
3,916
Reaction score
309
Because it is kinda lagging on Crysis 3 Medium settings. Btw it is "Hybrid CrossfireX" or 'ATI Hybrid Graphics'.
It is APU + GPU dual graphics

which doesn't work. it works with maybe r7 250m but not a powerful gpu like 8970m
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,454
Reaction score
6,007
You have brought the wrong gaming machine as
the AMD APU is not a high end cpu.
Try lowering your resolution and try again.
There's no Dual graphic as the Radeon 8970 does not support
crossfire with the intergraded graphic.
If you just brought this, I would recommend you try to
go back to the shop and change to another model.
The salesperson might have psycho you with the crossfire
which in fact there isn't.
Try to tell this to their face and they might accept or
otherwise check with Corbell and see whether can change or not.
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,454
Reaction score
6,007
I bet its a cpu bottleneck in crysis 3. That apu sucks.

That APU is meant for normal use and light gaming but does not
fall under Intel i5/i7 performance.
I wouldn't say it sucks as if you look at price point, AMD
still give you a buck for bang.
I just brought Asus X550DP AMD A10-5750M
but with AMD Radeon HD 8670M for $899.
This model crossfire/dual graphic is supported, I haven't benchmark
it yet as currently I'm having some issues with Windows 8
installation.
If anyone interested, do look out for my mini review.
 

Hailgod

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
3,916
Reaction score
309
That APU is meant for normal use and light gaming but does not
fall under Intel i5/i7 performance.
I wouldn't say it sucks as if you look at price point, AMD
still give you a buck for bang.
I just brought Asus X550DP AMD A10-5750M
but with AMD Radeon HD 8670M for $899.
This model crossfire/dual graphic is supported, I haven't benchmark
it yet as currently I'm having some issues with Windows 8
installation.
If anyone interested, do look out for my mini review.

Thats why i said it sucks. He bought a laptop with a 8970m and a **** cpu. At least give him an i5 4200m.
 

hengheng220

Master Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
4,424
Reaction score
7
Should I feel stupid for buying GX70? Because I seriously don't know how to feel now:(

dont regret la any hardware long liao will also become outdated and cannot support high graphic games. hahahaha enjoy the ability to run graphic intensive games like crysis 3 at mid settings ba mine can't even unless i running on my desktop
 

emcsquared

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Should I feel stupid for buying GX70? Because I seriously don't know how to feel now:(

we have the same laptop and mine is ok. just make sure you enable turbo clock on your laptop. if you are not yet satisfied with the performance you can use bar-edit.

just search youtube with bar edit
-russian guy doing the guide and his tutorial is quite straight forward.

Link > MSI GX 60/70 - 3.2GHz Clock Speed - YouTube

it will basically lock your clockspeed to 3.2 which would give you decent perf.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top