Hard disk cannot start after moving house.

Lingching

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
If some beeping noises, most likely heads get stuck.

If data is important, can send for evaluation at professional data recovery centres. Most reputable centres offer free evaluation.

Can give me the link or name?
Perhaps can check with them.
If here not convenient, Pm perhaps?
Free check or something you say?

Yeah, most probably head problem. lol.
 

Lingching

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Buying a few HDD and backupis cheaper, I learnt my lesson the hard way

Yes, but things happen.
I know another friend. back up crashed.
Main one, going to transfer, need to buy extra hard disk next day.
Next day wake up, main one drop and crash.
lol.
 

Lingching

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
For head stuck, most data recovery companies will tell you the heads are damaged with platter scratched and heads misaligned...and a lots of mumbo jumbo and charge you for the cost of a heads replacement, which may be around $2k.

I know only one company diagnose a head stuck as a head stuck and charge you a reasonable rate. It was below $1k for a 500GB disk.

Well, if below 1K still can consider....
But what if only need to read and transfer the data.
No need to repair the Hard disk.

this case how?
 

StanleyCo

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2012
Messages
354
Reaction score
0
Yes, but things happen.
I know another friend. back up crashed.
Main one, going to transfer, need to buy extra hard disk next day.
Next day wake up, main one drop and crash.
lol.

I got 3 hdd backup now, so unless all dies i would still have a recent copy
 

lobo76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2003
Messages
7,416
Reaction score
0
I have 2 3.5" hdd, which I had in external casing. After bring them out, they ALL came back spoil. NEVER again, will I trust them to be portable. -_-||
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top