Hi guys,
I've built a rig recently (As per on the right). However, my 1TB Toshiba HDD is producing random click sounds. It does not sound like the click of death from what I know, as it only clicks once occasionally. Like really just 1 single click sound. It's coming from the HDD as I've tried unplugging my HDD and the sound does not occur. The single click sound also happens when I shut down my computer. After fans power down etc... the HDD will once again produce 1 single click sound. My system however is working perfectly fine.
Did some googling and read that some people say it is just the HDD read header parking back to "rest" position hence the single click sound. Yet some people also say any click sound from HDD is not normal and should get it replaced asap.
My power settings is for my HDD to turn off after 15mins.
Hope to get some information/advice from you guys. Thanks!
I've built a rig recently (As per on the right). However, my 1TB Toshiba HDD is producing random click sounds. It does not sound like the click of death from what I know, as it only clicks once occasionally. Like really just 1 single click sound. It's coming from the HDD as I've tried unplugging my HDD and the sound does not occur. The single click sound also happens when I shut down my computer. After fans power down etc... the HDD will once again produce 1 single click sound. My system however is working perfectly fine.
Did some googling and read that some people say it is just the HDD read header parking back to "rest" position hence the single click sound. Yet some people also say any click sound from HDD is not normal and should get it replaced asap.
My power settings is for my HDD to turn off after 15mins.Hope to get some information/advice from you guys. Thanks!

