Hard Drive Spin Up Time Failed?

Expiliict

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
643
Reaction score
1
24gj9sz.jpg


Today I came home to Windows telling me my harddrive going to fail and asked me to backup.

I ran some diagnostic tools with the above conflicting results.

Anyone can shed some light on whether my drive really failing, or is it an error?

Also, I have another 2nd HDD running @ 48~52 degrees. It's placed right above first drive (which runs @ a cool 37 degrees). Any idea why?

Much Appreciated!
 

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
13,550
Reaction score
1,301
24gj9sz.jpg


Today I came home to Windows telling me my harddrive going to fail and asked me to backup.

I ran some diagnostic tools with the above conflicting results.

Anyone can shed some light on whether my drive really failing, or is it an error?

Also, I have another 2nd HDD running @ 48~52 degrees. It's placed right above first drive (which runs @ a cool 37 degrees). Any idea why?

Much Appreciated!

Harddisk should never fails to spin up. If it happens and it is not due to your power issue, then you ought to change it before it totally fails on you.

We all fall sick even when placed in good temperature tropical island in Singapore, why should a harddisk be any different ? :)
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,214
Reaction score
17,455
Your HDD is probably working fine, just that the S.M.A.R.T. field for that Spin Up Time is corrupted.

But if possible, do go RMA the drive as it's a valid reason to do it.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top