HDTV, Digital TV and antenna discussion thread [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got mine at SLT...first level...enter, pass the shop that sells lighting equipt on the right

the balun transformer i bought is this type~ anyway, my diy CD antenna & older version metal coat hanger antenna cant work also~ probably due to my location and low floor unit~ hv to stick to my roof top antenna~ :s22:

Thanks. I bought it from eBay. USD 2.30 for 3pcs. Couldn't find time to go down to SLS/SLT.

dankoo

Reaction score
ok, done that but still can't recv~ i even placed the antenna outside the window~ i done few antenna before, the best i can recv was TVmobile which already decommission~

my only choice left is roof top antenna~ :vijayadmin:

Did you try placing it against concrete wall? It helps the reception

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I bought it from eBay. USD 2.30 for 3pcs. Couldn't find time to go down to SLS/SLT.

Hmm, thanks, no time to go SLS too... might just buy this set of 3 pcs... :)

Already bought the clips from Daiso - 6 pcs for $2.

andmic04

Reaction score
Ok, that was few year back, I didn't know if it still selling now.
Btw, thanks for confirming that. :)

Juz some update, manage to get the matching transformer from UF technology. It work with my diy cd case antenna. reception quantity fluctuate between 70-90%. look good!
just a note though, the antenna location is critical in getting good signal. I placed mine near the window.:s12:

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I got one recently from ebay for 60+ buck.
HD Mini DVB-T2 FREEVIEW MPEG4 H.264 USB HDMI RCA STB RECEIVER,T210T2. test and it work well. only thing is that you will need to get an antenna to go with it which currently I am trying to make one :)

does it have RF passthrough? meaning like the video, plug in the co-axle cable, turn to channel 3 to view the converted digital signals?

andmic04

Reaction score
does it have RF passthrough? meaning like the video, plug in the co-axle cable, turn to channel 3 to view the converted digital signals?

I doubt there is. there is no mention in the spec and also no physical port for the pass through. you could google for the spec as well.

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I doubt there is. there is no mention in the spec and also no physical port for the pass through. you could google for the spec as well.
i've googled your STB, there is an ANT Out

the thing is this, my Draco STB also has an ANT Out, but when i plug it in, it acts as an antenna rather than a digital to analog converter which is shown here

can you try out your unit, see whether it acts as an external antenna or passthrough

andmic04

Reaction score
i've googled your STB, there is an ANT Out

the thing is this, my Draco STB also has an ANT Out, but when i plug it in, it acts as an antenna rather than a digital to analog converter which is shown here

can you try out your unit, see whether it acts as an external antenna or passthrough

Confirmed. It the same signal as per your antenna in. Not a DAC... I suppose there is no device in the market with that feature, at least not from a consumer product i suppose.

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Confirmed. It the same signal as per your antenna in. Not a DAC... I suppose there is no device in the market with that feature, at least not from a consumer product i suppose.
the Americans have it. but theirs is DTV not DVB

andmic04

Reaction score
the Americans have it. but theirs is DTV not DVB

It remind me of my old vcr recorder where there is this option to output video from to the Tv either from composite cable or the coxial cable.
I would suspect that the video was of lower resolution and not HD.
anyway, wish you luck in your search!

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The connector for my current TV cable (used to be connected to the Starhub box) is like this:

VJvcDx0.png

by9F29N.png

It is a screw-on type.

Is there any converter for this to use with the below transformer?

Balun-Caximbo.jpg

jskc3617

Reaction score
Yes. Go google "TV antenna connector" and you will see "Image for Tv antenna connector" webpage. Go in and you should see something that fix your need.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
Oooh, arrived already?

You'll need something like this:

product_thumb.php

Or a new cable with the respective plugs.

sunsetbay

Reaction score
The connector for my current TV cable (used to be connected to the Starhub box) is like this:

VJvcDx0.png

by9F29N.png

It is a screw-on type.

Is there any converter for this to use with the below transformer?

Balun-Caximbo.jpg

might else just get this balun transformer, no need to use adapter and it's $1 only~ :s22:

COTRAN.jpg

BlankShot

Reaction score
Digital Channel 8 poor signal

Hello, I have a samsung smart tv at home, but due to some cabling error in the past which will be very hard to fix now (too deep), the wall socket signal for analogue channel 8 is disrupted and channel 8 is almost unwatchable. We used to be able to watch Digital 8 sometimes using the samsung smart tv but always had the 'Weak or no signal' problem.

Now when we tune for digital, no channels show up.

Is there a way to boost the signal through booster or antenna?

Quite clueless with TV stuff.

Thank you

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
might else just get this balun transformer, no need to use adapter and it's $1 only~ :s22:

COTRAN.jpg

It's ok I can wait.
Actually I have a shorter cable with the right connectors but I don't seem to get good reception.

Must I put the antenna near/outside the window?
I'm staying in Woodlands (High Floor).

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
It's ok I can wait.
Actually I have a shorter cable with the right connectors but I don't seem to get good reception.

Must I put the antenna near/outside the window?
I'm staying in Woodlands (High Floor).

It's hard to say.... the mileage may vary. But in general, better reception can be expected near/outside the window as compared to further inside.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Oooh, arrived already?

You'll need something like this:

product_thumb.php

Or a new cable with the respective plugs.

The PAL part is male. It's not the one to fit the transformer's end, which is also male.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.