Hello from DBS Bank!

DBS Bank

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
0
hi dbs

may i know what is DBS Multi-Currency Autosave (MCA)?
https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/deposits/savings-accounts/dbs-multi-currency-autosave

1. my is normal Savings accc, can i convert to MCA?
2. if my acc is MCA, does tht mean i can trasnfer $$ to my friend in tw who had dbs acc?

Hi Harky,

You can open a new Multi-Currency Account online through iBanking, and like it says on the website, it allows you to remit, withdraw and receive foreign currencies from and into your account, allowing you to save on foreign exchanges conversion fees.

However, Taiwan Dollar is not one of the 12 Foreign Currency types that the MCA account lets you save or transact with.
 

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2004
Messages
17,681
Reaction score
4,572
Hi DBS,

I have recently received the DBS Debit VISA card.
I have a joint savings account with my mother which I seldom use.

Can I check if my mother uses her ATM/Debit card for cash withdrawal at the ATM from this joint account, does it count towards the 3 times maximum cash withdrawals required for the 5% rebate?
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Hi DBS,

your link "dbs online travel fair"
the link have error
Think is the coding have some invalid parameters inside ...
You might wanna look into it ?


"http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=97796&p=DBS001?cid=-SG-EN-CBG-EA-Established-Investment-Webinar-Display-HardwareZone-DisplayAd-160x600-DBS_HWZ_Webinar-"

The message shown is
"Error on Page

The page you are requesting has invalid parameters

Click << Back to return to the page from which you came."
 
Last edited:

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Joined
May 3, 2009
Messages
116,985
Reaction score
15,669
Hi dbs

I was the dude you helped a few months back in Edmw. Was wondering whether if there's any promo for flights or hotels to Vegas. Thanks!
 

DBS Bank

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
0
Hi DBS,

your link "dbs online travel fair"
the link have error
Think is the coding have some invalid parameters inside ...
You might wanna look into it ?


"http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=97796&p=DBS001?cid=-SG-EN-CBG-EA-Established-Investment-Webinar-Display-HardwareZone-DisplayAd-160x600-DBS_HWZ_Webinar-"

The message shown is
"Error on Page

The page you are requesting has invalid parameters

Click << Back to return to the page from which you came."

Thanks for letting us know Dede1217, we'll feedback to HWZ to get it fixed.
 

DBS Bank

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
0
Hi dbs

I was the dude you helped a few months back in Edmw. Was wondering whether if there's any promo for flights or hotels to Vegas. Thanks!

Hi Weaboo, ohhh... you just missed the DBS Online Travel Fair which was 2 weeks ago.

Currently, what we have are either the 5% cashback with the DBS Live Fresh Card, or the DBS Altitude Card accelerated miles with Expedia and Kaligo

http://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/promotion/altitude-expedia
http://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/promotion/kaligo-10miles

Also we have some promotion with Agoda too..
https://www.agoda.com/dbssg

You can browse through this page, under online deals and travel, to see if anything catches your fancy
https://dbslifestyle.vocohub.com/fairs.html
 

DBS Bank

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
0
Hi DBS,

I have recently received the DBS Debit VISA card.
I have a joint savings account with my mother which I seldom use.

Can I check if my mother uses her ATM/Debit card for cash withdrawal at the ATM from this joint account, does it count towards the 3 times maximum cash withdrawals required for the 5% rebate?

Good question, let us check and get back to you.
 

DBS Bank

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
0
Hi DBS,

I have recently received the DBS Debit VISA card.
I have a joint savings account with my mother which I seldom use.

Can I check if my mother uses her ATM/Debit card for cash withdrawal at the ATM from this joint account, does it count towards the 3 times maximum cash withdrawals required for the 5% rebate?

Hi koreanlover,

If your mother uses her own ATM/Debit card for ATM withdrawals from your joint account, it'll will not count towards the 3x withdrawals for the DBS Visa Debit 5% cashback.

However, do note that Cash withdrawal at Branches (with or without card) from a joint account will be considered as cash withdrawal for both joint account holders.

Hope it answers your question.
 

DBS Bank

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
0
hi dbs,

i see that dbs treasures got LWH membership... how to activate it? i wan to book on their websai

https://www.dbs.com.sg/treasures/promotion/travel-privileges

Hi Weaboo,
If you're a DBS Treasures member, you can sign up for the DBS Travel Privileges Programme at https://www.dbs.com.sg/treasures/dbs-forms/dbs-travel-privileges.page. Or simply get in touch with your Treasures Relationship Manager, and he or she would be able to assist you. Feel free to drop us a private message should you need any further assistance. 
 

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Joined
May 3, 2009
Messages
116,985
Reaction score
15,669

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
61,736
Reaction score
3,579
Hi DBS,

I have recently received the
POSB Go Mastercard
POSB Multi-tude Mastercard

i did nt apply le.. how come i receive?/
 

DBS Bank

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
0
Hi DBS,

I have recently received the
POSB Go Mastercard
POSB Multi-tude Mastercard

i did nt apply le.. how come i receive?/

Hi Harky, do you mind dropping us a PM with your details. Will check it out for you.
 

kero89

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
9,031
Reaction score
82
Long time no come here. Lazy to read old posts but here is my query

Any extension for DBS Live Fresh 5% rebate after 30th Sep? :s13:

For the last few months you guys (DBS) been successful in cultivating me to be a good spender on this card :s13::s13::s13:
 

DBS Bank

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
0
Long time no come here. Lazy to read old posts but here is my query

Any extension for DBS Live Fresh 5% rebate after 30th Sep? :s13:

For the last few months you guys (DBS) been successful in cultivating me to be a good spender on this card :s13::s13::s13:

Hi Kero89,

Yes, it'll be extended beyond 30 Sept, our website will be updated later on.
 

kero89

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
9,031
Reaction score
82
Last edited:

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
20,323
Reaction score
7,542
Hi koreanlover,

If your mother uses her own ATM/Debit card for ATM withdrawals from your joint account, it'll will not count towards the 3x withdrawals for the DBS Visa Debit 5% cashback.

However, do note that Cash withdrawal at Branches (with or without card) from a joint account will be considered as cash withdrawal for both joint account holders.

Hope it answers your question.

But your CSO has a different story :s13:

Thank you for writing to us! I'd be happy to assist you on your query regarding the DBS Visa Debit Card 5% Cashback on Contactless Spend

I would like to share that as this promotion is not registered with an individual's card, any cash withdrawal done by either party from joint account would be considered towards the 3 times or less cash withdrawal

I hope the above is useful to you, and don't hesitate to reach us.
 

lupster

Master Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2010
Messages
3,329
Reaction score
1,625
I've the old DBS debit card. Is it possible to request for the new DBD debit card with paywave via internet banking? Or do I need to go down to the branch?
 

DBS Bank

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
0
I've the old DBS debit card. Is it possible to request for the new DBD debit card with paywave via internet banking? Or do I need to go down to the branch?

Hi lupster, it depends on what your old DBS debit card is. But if it's a DBS Visa debit card, you can call in to our call center to cancel your existing card and apply for a new one with payWave. Hope this helps!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top