Help choosing between the XT1 or the XA5

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Hi guys,

I would like to ask some opinions first before deciding which camera should I get for my wife.

Now, she is totally newbie and she is a first time user. Has 0 knowledge on how to use one.

I have a Fuji Xe3 and a couple of X lenses to share with her. Mainly the xf16 1.4, xf50-140 2.8, xf23 2.0, and kit lens xc16-50 3.5-5.6.

I will be guiding her most of the time and hopefully she learn something out from it.

Between these 2 models, they are at the same price, xt1 is just the body at $999 while the xa5 comes with the 15-24 pz.

Which of this do you guys think I should get one for her?

Her photography intentions is to take street, food, small animals, and our pet dog.
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,587
Reaction score
1,689
Buy the xt1 for yourself, xe5 pass to you wife. Lol...

Or

If you are looking to get a "new" gift, then ask whether she like dealing with manual dials/controls.
 

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
7,801
Reaction score
1
since you have existing lens, I would recommend get the XT1.

The dials are easier to learn manual exposure too... :D
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top