Help Desktop issues!!

KTVFanatic

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
1,696
Reaction score
0
Dear all, I could not power up my CPU when I reached home from work today. Initially thought is my cable problem so I tried using my monitor power cable but to no avail. I'm suspecting it's my PSU that's toasted!
Any advice on this thanks?
 

hengheng220

Master Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
4,424
Reaction score
7
Dear all, I could not power up my CPU when I reached home from work today. Initially thought is my cable problem so I tried using my monitor power cable but to no avail. I'm suspecting it's my PSU that's toasted!
Any advice on this thanks?

any fan spin when you press the power button?
 

KTVFanatic

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
1,696
Reaction score
0
Sounds like a dead PSU. List down the parts of your rig so that we can help you recommend one.

My desktop was 59mths old alrdy lols.

Intel core i5 750
MSI p55-cd53
Palit 512mb 250gts
Seasonic m12 500w modular true ps
Team elite ddr3 2x2gb
Western digital 500gb 7200rpm

Managed to dig out the invoice from PC themes and noted that the warranty for my PSU is valid for another 1mth. Is it advisable to turn to seasonic directly by bringing down my CPU?
 
Last edited:

Alternative X

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2014
Messages
2,322
Reaction score
0
1) OK, try these PSUs.

Seasonic S12G Non-modular 550W (105)
Sseasonic G Series 550W modular (125)
Coolermaster Semi Modular V550S (117)
Superflower HX 600M Modular (109)

If you want 80+ Gold efficiency.

Seasonic S12II Non Modular 520W (85)
Termaltake Smart SE 530W 87% Modular (75)
Xigmetek Tauro 500W (75)

If you just want 80+ Bronze efficiency.

2) Well, there is the possibility of a dead motherboard. Try the PSU paper-clip test before buying anything.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top