Help for gaming rig.

zhihao57

Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2014
Messages
336
Reaction score
20
I've posted here before on May, asking you bros to intro on a gaming rig. I was then recommended this by royfrosty.

1.6k

MSI B85 G43 Gaming + i5-4570 ~ $384
Gskills Ripjaws 1600mhz 2x4gb kit RED ~ $113
WD Blue 1tb ~ $75
Crucial m500 240gb ~ $155 (Amazon)
MSI R9 280X 3gb Twin Frozr ~ $467 (with bf4)
Seasonic G650 650w 280+ Gold Modular PSU ~ $135
Fractal Desgin Arc Midi ~ $129
Samsung ODD ~ $21
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM ~ $115

Total ~ $1594. Buy at tradepac. DIY

As I'm gonna get it real soon, is this the latest for a 1.6k budget?

I'm changing the case to nzxt h440
Is it possible to get ram with leds?
Thanks a lot! ☺️
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
The bf4 promo finish le. Even if there is stocks, code may be expired le...

Rams with led would be avexir.

Nzxt h440 shld b much more ex than arc midi r2, ard $170 range, iirc?
 

zhihao57

Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2014
Messages
336
Reaction score
20
The bf4 promo finish le. Even if there is stocks, code may be expired le...

Rams with led would be avexir.

Nzxt h440 shld b much more ex than arc midi r2, ard $170 range, iirc?

Is there a huge difference in price between avexir and gskill?
Performance wise, there's not much difference right?

I'm okay with the end of bf4 promotion. I'm concerned about the graphic cards 😭.
Would it still be worth the money to get a 280x?
Or it would be better to change it to another gpu maybe better?
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
Is there a huge difference in price between avexir and gskill?
Performance wise, there's not much difference right?

I'm okay with the end of bf4 promotion. I'm concerned about the graphic cards ******************.
Would it still be worth the money to get a 280x?
Or it would be better to change it to another gpu maybe better?

There isnt much difference in terms of performance between avexir and g.skill 1600mhz. Prise-wise, iirc, g.skill with heat spreader is around $11x and avexir core red led is around $12x. Note that avexir has 7 colours to choose from, but corbell brought in certain colours in certain memory clocks.

For a 1080p 60hz monitor, 280x is quite good le, presuming you want to play bf4.

There is a promo for ASUS 290 DCII at $519 if ur budget allows. Higher level than 280x but at a very close price range. But, as for your experience with ASUS, its YMMV.
 
Last edited:

micheloving

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2009
Messages
7,355
Reaction score
1
There isnt much difference in terms of performance between avexir and g.skill 1600mhz. Prise-wise, iirc, g.skill with heat spreader is around $11x and avexir core red led is around $12x. Note that avexir has 7 colours to choose from, but corbell brought in certain colours in certain memory clocks.

For a 1080p 60hz monitor, 280x is quite good le, presuming you want to play bf4.

There is a promo for ASUS 290 DCII at $519 if ur budget allows. Higher level than 280x but at a very close price range. But, as for your experience with ASUS, its YMMV.

wats the use of 1600mhz ram if you do not overclock?Cause it looks cooler with red LED?
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
wats the use of 1600mhz ram if you do not overclock?Cause it looks cooler with red LED?

Overclock cpu and overclock rams are 2 different things.

As research shows, 1600mhz is the optimal speed. There is a slight increase in performance from 1333 to 1600mhz, but anything above this, the performance increase is very small.

You can still OC your cpu w/o OC ur Rams...

Correct me if i had misunderstood ur qn...
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
Would it still be worth the money to get a 280x?
Or it would be better to change it to another gpu maybe better?

If wanna get 280X/7970GE, might as well get 2nd hand. Quite a number of people selling $280 to $350 depending on warranty length remaining. Cause $450 onwards is near 290 non-ref territory
 

zhihao57

Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2014
Messages
336
Reaction score
20
Thanks!

Thanks everyone for commenting/replying

So from what i concluded from you guys is that it would be better for me to get a 280x 2nd hand or i might as well add a little more for a 290?
I mean like its not worth for me to get a 280 to save that 50-100 dollars right? Might as well top up a little for the 290! :D

Regarding the sapphire trix 290, where can i get those? :)


Yea.. and red LED does look cooler lol :/

Anything else for me to take note of? :D
 

moomoox3

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2012
Messages
580
Reaction score
5
Thanks everyone for commenting/replying

So from what i concluded from you guys is that it would be better for me to get a 280x 2nd hand or i might as well add a little more for a 290?
I mean like its not worth for me to get a 280 to save that 50-100 dollars right? Might as well top up a little for the 290! :D

Regarding the sapphire trix 290, where can i get those? :)


Yea.. and red LED does look cooler lol :/

Anything else for me to take note of? :D


If I not wrong the trix 290 you can get it from PC themes and cybermind house maybe you can go trade pac and tell them to match the price if not jus go for Asus r290 reference card model at 429 at eplanetworld if you has a tight budget :) the Trix is yellow and black so if u wanna has a red and black theme is may not look nice
 

zhihao57

Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2014
Messages
336
Reaction score
20
Okay.. soo..

MSI B85 G43 Gaming + i5-4570 ~ $384
Avexir Core red 4gb x2
WD Blue 1tb ~ $75
Crucial mx100 256gb ~ 155$ (SLS)
Asus 290x Dcu ii oc ~ $519 (with bf4)
Seasonic G650 650w 280+ Gold Modular PSU ~ $135
nzxt h440
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM ~ $11

This is what i concluded from all of you!
As for the avexir core, i realise there's a huge number of models , which one do i go for? :D

I've decided to go for the asus 290x dcuii oc, Its a level higher, worth investing, it would last longer i guess?
it also fits my red and black theme.

Anything i should take note of when buying?
So.. i just walk into tradepac and show them this list right?
If there's no stock, what should i do? :/

Sorry if i ask questions that doesn't make any sense, just need to make sure.. :o
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
Okay.. soo..

MSI B85 G43 Gaming + i5-4570 ~ $384
Avexir Core red 4gb x2
WD Blue 1tb ~ $75
Crucial mx100 256gb ~ 155$ (SLS)
Asus 290x Dcu ii oc ~ $519 (with bf4)
Seasonic G650 650w 280+ Gold Modular PSU ~ $135
nzxt h440
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM ~ $11

This is what i concluded from all of you!
As for the avexir core, i realise there's a huge number of models , which one do i go for? :D

I've decided to go for the asus 290x dcuii oc, Its a level higher, worth investing, it would last longer i guess?
it also fits my red and black theme.

Anything i should take note of when buying?
So.. i just walk into tradepac and show them this list right?
If there's no stock, what should i do? :/

Sorry if i ask questions that doesn't make any sense, just need to make sure.. :o

Jus go for avexir core, cheapest of all.

$519 is for 290, not 290x... And dun have bf4, only gt amd coupon...

Show tradepac part list but nt price. When they calculate for u, try bargain for lower price.
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Avexir Core you got to hunt already. Only PC Themes and Cybermind has it. This 2 shops if dont have means dont have already.

If you buy NZXT might as well buy Corsair Obsidian 450D

Re edit of what i have recommended you way before.

MSI B85 G43 Gaming + i5-4460 ~ $383
Avexir Core Series 1600mhz 2x4gb kit ~ $129
WD Blue 1tb ~ $67
Crucial MX100 256gb ~ $161
Asus R9 290 4gb DCUII ~ $519 (You got to hunt for it, last week already OOS)
Seasonic G650 650w 80+ Gold Semi Modular PSU ~ $139
Corsair Obsidian 450D ~ $169
Samsung DVD Drive ~ $21

Total ~ $1588, Buy at tradepac. DIY
 

zhihao57

Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2014
Messages
336
Reaction score
20
Avexir Core you got to hunt already. Only PC Themes and Cybermind has it. This 2 shops if dont have means dont have already.

If you buy NZXT might as well buy Corsair Obsidian 450D

Re edit of what i have recommended you way before.

MSI B85 G43 Gaming + i5-4460 ~ $383
Avexir Core Series 1600mhz 2x4gb kit ~ $129
WD Blue 1tb ~ $67
Crucial MX100 256gb ~ $161
Asus R9 290 4gb DCUII ~ $519 (You got to hunt for it, last week already OOS)
Seasonic G650 650w 80+ Gold Semi Modular PSU ~ $139
Corsair Obsidian 450D ~ $169
Samsung DVD Drive ~ $21

Total ~ $1588, Buy at tradepac. DIY

Thank an may I know what should I do if there's no stock?? Do I wait for the new stock to arrive? Or I just get a replacement?
If replacement , which parts would be most suitable and around the same performance/price range
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Thank an may I know what should I do if there's no stock?? Do I wait for the new stock to arrive? Or I just get a replacement?
If replacement , which parts would be most suitable and around the same performance/price range

The Ram and The GPU will be the only one that you may be hard to find.

Ram wise can choose Gskills Ripjaws 1600mhz 2x4gb kit ~ $110

The Gpu wise you may be hard to find. But similar performance range will be the gtx780 counterpart. But you will have to fork out $700 for that GPU.

GPU wise you are on your own. Hope you can find a good deal. Cybermind do sell r9 290 Asus $429. But is a reference card model.
 

zhihao57

Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2014
Messages
336
Reaction score
20
The Ram and The GPU will be the only one that you may be hard to find.

Ram wise can choose Gskills Ripjaws 1600mhz 2x4gb kit ~ $110

The Gpu wise you may be hard to find. But similar performance range will be the gtx780 counterpart. But you will have to fork out $700 for that GPU.

GPU wise you are on your own. Hope you can find a good deal. Cybermind do sell r9 290 Asus $429. But is a reference card model.

Okay! I just went to sls today, regarding the motherboard, would there be any difference if I get the Asus b85-pro?
The ram very hard to find.
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Okay! I just went to sls today, regarding the motherboard, would there be any difference if I get the Asus b85-pro?
The ram very hard to find.

If you really want asus and willing to pay more i would suggest you go for b85 vanguard instead.
 

zhihao57

Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2014
Messages
336
Reaction score
20
If you really want asus and willing to pay more i would suggest you go for b85 vanguard instead.

Hmm..
I was also intro-ed to another motherboard, I was told that the MSI b85- G43 gaming is going to be discontinued soon.
They intro me MSI h97 gaming..? If I'm not wrong. The processor is also different, I was told to get i5 4590. Should I just proceed with what you reconmmend or..?

Sorry if I ask too much questions, I'm not doubting anything, just need to make sure. It's a lot of money after all ☺️ Thanks in advance!
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
Hmm..
I was also intro-ed to another motherboard, I was told that the MSI b85- G43 gaming is going to be discontinued soon.
They intro me MSI h97 gaming..? If I'm not wrong. The processor is also different, I was told to get i5 4590. Should I just proceed with what you reconmmend or..?

Sorry if I ask too much questions, I'm not doubting anything, just need to make sure. It's a lot of money after all ☺️ Thanks in advance!

Which shop u visited ah?

MSI H97 gaming still can. But it will be more ex than the b85 g43 gaming.

For CPU, 4460 is just 100-200mhz slower than the 4590. But depending on price diff, its up to you.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top