Help needed! Lenovo vs Fujitsu vs Dell

javiereky

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, so recently I just got into a poly and I don't know which laptop to get, since I'm not really good with this kind of stuff, I might need some helps of the pros here!:) I'm basically using my laptop as an all purpose laptop, for school work (mostly ppt or word), gaming (day z) and am trying to seek the laptop which won't give me a lot of problem, cause I heard fujitsu laptops breaking down is a common sight among poly students. Below are the specs

Fujitsu Lifebook AH544 $1388 (15.6 inches)
Intel Core i7-4702MQ (6mb cache up to 3.2ghz)
Nvidia Geforce GT720M 2gb dedicated graphics with optimus technology
8gb ddr3 1600mhz
1tb HDD

Lenovo y410p $1335 (14 inches)
4th gen Intel core 17-4700MQ 2.4ghz up to 3.4ghz
8GB RAM, 1TB +8gb SSHD
Nvidia Geforce GT755M GDDR5 2GB

Dell Latitude E5440 $1326 (14 inches)
4th gen Intl core i7-4600u 2.1ghz 4m cache
8gb 1600mhz DDR3L memory
1TB HDD 5400rpm
Nvidia Geforce GT 720m 2gb
 

WeDoIt

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2012
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
0
Just get lenovo one .Best graphic card among the three.Easy
 

killerslayer92

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, so recently I just got into a poly and I don't know which laptop to get, since I'm not really good with this kind of stuff, I might need some helps of the pros here!:) I'm basically using my laptop as an all purpose laptop, for school work (mostly ppt or word), gaming (day z) and am trying to seek the laptop which won't give me a lot of problem, cause I heard fujitsu laptops breaking down is a common sight among poly students. Below are the specs

Fujitsu Lifebook AH544 $1388 (15.6 inches)
Intel Core i7-4702MQ (6mb cache up to 3.2ghz)
Nvidia Geforce GT720M 2gb dedicated graphics with optimus technology
8gb ddr3 1600mhz
1tb HDD

Lenovo y410p $1335 (14 inches)
4th gen Intel core 17-4700MQ 2.4ghz up to 3.4ghz
8GB RAM, 1TB +8gb SSHD
Nvidia Geforce GT755M GDDR5 2GB

Dell Latitude E5440 $1326 (14 inches)
4th gen Intl core i7-4600u 2.1ghz 4m cache
8gb 1600mhz DDR3L memory
1TB HDD 5400rpm
Nvidia Geforce GT 720m 2gb

if more people use a product. the chances of you hearing bad things about it is higher. make sense?

for school what you need is a SSHD or SSD to speed up your day to day tasks (opening word docs, ppt)

in this lineup of 3 laptops only 1 has a SSHD. In fact out of the 3 laptops, 1 is clearly the best in all spec.. and it happens to be the one with the SSHD :s13::s13::s13: so no contest here... lenovo win

next question will be weight of laptop, batt life, design which is info u did not provide... keep in mind the dell batt should last longer cos its using a low voltage CPU
 

Unknownx

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
16
You going to play DayZ standalone?
I think even the Lenovo Y410p only can play it barely around 30-40 fps at lowest/custom setting
 

javiereky

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Thanks to all that have helped. I think I will be getting the Lenovo after much research and recommendations. Battery life is not much of a consideration.
 

killerslayer92

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
0
Thanks to all that have helped. I think I will be getting the Lenovo after much research and recommendations. Battery life is not much of a consideration.

dont know why your school offered these 3 models when clearly only the lenovo will get chosen :s13:
 

Unknownx

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
16
dont know why your school offered these 3 models when clearly only the lenovo will get chosen :s13:

All poly road show selling the same laptops...
Based on the 3 models TS listed shows his budget is around 1.3k range

Fujitsu Lifebook AH544 is considered slightly lighter than average 15.6" laptop (2.3kg) and cheapest 15.6" laptop from Poly roadshow
And it's the only laptop among those 3 has an optical disk drive
Some course/school might require the students to burn project files in CD/DVD

Dell Latitude E5440 is more for portability since it's the lightest among the 3 models (1.95kg vs 2.3kg vs 2.4kg)
The battery life also should be better since it's using ULV processor
And it has dual band AC wireless card so the wireless speed on it confirm better than the other two models

Other than that Lenovo Y410p is a best choice for gaming and photo/video editing
Thanks to better processor, graphics card and hard disk
Plus it has nice red colour backlit keyboard :D
 

javiereky

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Damn, just got informed that the Lenovo is out of stock and will only restock in 6 weeks or maybe even not... anyone has any recommended places to get laptops at reasonable price?
 

erad1cate

Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2007
Messages
182
Reaction score
0
maybe you would want to consider the warranty coverage for the three. warranty do play a part for me.
 

sj1984

Banned
Joined
May 23, 2014
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
hi

hey, can try this site Welcome to Gloous! - The deal they got me better than courts and best but have to wait a day or 2 for them to consolidate orders before approaching the merchant..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top