soarskyhigh
Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Apr 13, 2010
- Messages
- 7,761
- Reaction score
- 3,490
My sis accidentally deleted all the photos and videos from her S4 and hopes to recover the deleted files if possible. The files are on the internal storage.
Wanted to try Dr Fone to recover but was unable to even finish the analysis to scan to deleted files.
Wanted to try Diskdigger for android but could not get it to scan the phone too. Possibly not rooted to grant superuser privilege?
Wanted to try Undeleter For Root users but it cant get pass the testing root access. I do get the prompt to grant permission which I did. I did get the notification "Undeleter has been granted superuser permissions"
Tried to root the S4 following the instructions at Root Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Running Android 4.2.2 XXUDMH6 Official Firmware [GUIDE]
Managed to get the Supersu prompt to grant access for the programs which I promptly granted access.
Tried to verify root by using Root Checker but it doesnt show any results. I did get the notifications "Root Checker has been granted superuser permission for an interactive shell"
Another app, Root Check shows the S4 has been rooted.
However, Titanium Backup(used to verify root) can't get root access to work so it seems like I am not rooted?
Can any kind soul please help me to see if I can recover the deleted files.
A detailed step by step guide would be greatly appreciated. Please.
The phone is a S4 GT-I9505 from Singtel. Baseband ver:I9505DXUDMH6 Build:JSQ39.I9505XXUDMH6.
Wanted to try Dr Fone to recover but was unable to even finish the analysis to scan to deleted files.
Wanted to try Diskdigger for android but could not get it to scan the phone too. Possibly not rooted to grant superuser privilege?
Wanted to try Undeleter For Root users but it cant get pass the testing root access. I do get the prompt to grant permission which I did. I did get the notification "Undeleter has been granted superuser permissions"
Tried to root the S4 following the instructions at Root Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Running Android 4.2.2 XXUDMH6 Official Firmware [GUIDE]
Managed to get the Supersu prompt to grant access for the programs which I promptly granted access.
Tried to verify root by using Root Checker but it doesnt show any results. I did get the notifications "Root Checker has been granted superuser permission for an interactive shell"
Another app, Root Check shows the S4 has been rooted.
However, Titanium Backup(used to verify root) can't get root access to work so it seems like I am not rooted?
Can any kind soul please help me to see if I can recover the deleted files.
A detailed step by step guide would be greatly appreciated. Please.
The phone is a S4 GT-I9505 from Singtel. Baseband ver:I9505DXUDMH6 Build:JSQ39.I9505XXUDMH6.
Last edited: