Help Needed! Samsung Note 2 Screen Problem

Jun Hao

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2009
Messages
986
Reaction score
2
My note 2 kena rain a few weeks back, it was treated with hair dryer (I know its a dumb idea), then the parts were dismantled and put into a container of rice to absorb the moisture.

Now, everytime I unlocked my phone, the screen would appear for 5 seconds.
10799505_10152574257267804_1639693826_n.jpg


After awhile, only the top part of the screen works and the rest fades away and becomes not responsive.
10799298_10152574257227804_147686338_n.jpg

(This picture shows I'm on the Apps page while the bottom part of the screen still showing the Home page.)

Initially I wanted to change the LCD, but I realised there wasn't any problem when I'm using the camera.
10805166_10152574257077804_2069700058_n.jpg


The screen works perfectly fine as well, when I play a video.
10805499_10152574279407804_429298351_n.jpg


Touchscreen and everything still works as long as you know wherever you touch takes you to lol. I'm suspecting it might be a problem with the motherboard. Can anyone confirm or advise me on a solution? How much would it cost to change the motherboard?

Your help is greatly appreciated! :)
 
Last edited:

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
5,481
Reaction score
39
WTF. New phone please. Cui until liddat.
Just get note4 + otterbox/trident
 

Jun Hao

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2009
Messages
986
Reaction score
2
WTF. New phone please. Cui until liddat.
Just get note4 + otterbox/trident

LOL, ikr. I already bought a new front glass from ebay. Was about to change the glass already then such things happened. Intend to change the glass after fixing this issue.
 

PsychoPath

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
6,237
Reaction score
1
Dont think u can change the motherboard.. Unless u can find someone selling their old note 2 for parts
 

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
5,481
Reaction score
39
LOL, ikr. I already bought a new front glass from ebay. Was about to change the glass already then such things happened. Intend to change the glass after fixing this issue.

Should get new note4 la....
Note 2 old already.
Btw cute hamham. Got extra hamham let me play? lol
 

Jun Hao

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2009
Messages
986
Reaction score
2
Should get new note4 la....
Note 2 old already.
Btw cute hamham. Got extra hamham let me play? lol
Now still on 12gb data, cannot change phone lea lol.
But at least I fixed the cracked screen haha.
That wasn't a hamham btw, its a chinchilla :)
10815723_10152574699162804_1204161853_n.jpg
 
Last edited:

Goondu

Senior Member
Joined
May 22, 2000
Messages
1,805
Reaction score
0
Your screen is fixed. Really admire you, friend. lol...

When I saw the first photo, I thought you have a Picasso limited edition of the Note2. :p:p
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top