mailboy
Member
- Joined
- Oct 8, 2008
- Messages
- 498
- Reaction score
- 0
Hi guys,
My PC has been wonky lately with random freezes, continuous restarts and much slower performance. I suspect that it may be a RAM problem but I'm looking to build a new PC since the existing one is almost 4 yrs old.
I use the PC mainly for web browsing, light gaming (ETS2, Starcraft2 ,etc) and occasional video compression.
I intend to use back my hdds and casing.I'm out the scene for quite a while and need your expert advice on the CPU, ATX motherboard, RAM adn PSU. My key requirement is that the system must be stable (and fast).
I'll get minimally a i5-6600 but have no idea on which motherboard and RAM to get. Also, do I need to get a RX480 or a GTX970? Would liquid cooling help to improve stability even if I dun overclock?
My PC has been wonky lately with random freezes, continuous restarts and much slower performance. I suspect that it may be a RAM problem but I'm looking to build a new PC since the existing one is almost 4 yrs old.
I use the PC mainly for web browsing, light gaming (ETS2, Starcraft2 ,etc) and occasional video compression.
I intend to use back my hdds and casing.I'm out the scene for quite a while and need your expert advice on the CPU, ATX motherboard, RAM adn PSU. My key requirement is that the system must be stable (and fast).
I'll get minimally a i5-6600 but have no idea on which motherboard and RAM to get. Also, do I need to get a RX480 or a GTX970? Would liquid cooling help to improve stability even if I dun overclock?

).