[HELP!] Note 4 unable to boot up

royaloyalz

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2013
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Hi guys!

So while using my phone halfway, it suddenly powered off and died. At first I thought it was something small and tried to power it on again, but unfortunately it seems to be a much bigger problem.

I have not done any rooting nor have I dropped the phone into the water. I dropped my phone a couple of times, but it was with a proper phone cover.

When I tried to charge my phone, the charging light did not come on. I have tried the battery in an external charging kit and it works fine, therefore I do not believe that it is a battery problem.

The lucky thing is that my phone is still under warranty. However, I was told that the SOP for servicing the phone is to remove all personal data during the recovery process.

Unfortunately, I didn't back up the files in my phone because I didn't see any signs that the phone was gonna die on me, so I was wondering if there was any other way to save my data.

I read online that it may be worth trying to use a USB jig to try to force the phone into download mode. Is this possible? Does anyone know where I may be able to purchase one?

Would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!
 

Streetwise

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,287
Reaction score
0
Hi guys!

So while using my phone halfway, it suddenly powered off and died. At first I thought it was something small and tried to power it on again, but unfortunately it seems to be a much bigger problem.

I have not done any rooting nor have I dropped the phone into the water. I dropped my phone a couple of times, but it was with a proper phone cover.

When I tried to charge my phone, the charging light did not come on. I have tried the battery in an external charging kit and it works fine, therefore I do not believe that it is a battery problem.

The lucky thing is that my phone is still under warranty. However, I was told that the SOP for servicing the phone is to remove all personal data during the recovery process.

Unfortunately, I didn't back up the files in my phone because I didn't see any signs that the phone was gonna die on me, so I was wondering if there was any other way to save my data.

I read online that it may be worth trying to use a USB jig to try to force the phone into download mode. Is this possible? Does anyone know where I may be able to purchase one?

Would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!

U can't even power up the phone; only Samsung service center can `save' u phone.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top