Help on RAID 0!

X-powerman

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2014
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, need some help egarding RAID 0 performance. I setup my RAID and the results are somewhat off. I ran Attotech benchmark and Crystal mark. My sequential reads and writes are just around 1.4GB/s.

I am using 4 x Plextor M6 Pro 256GB. I thought the results would be at least around 1.6-1.8GB/s. Am I doing something wrong here? I set stripe size to 128KB.

Thansk!
 

GeForce

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
1,711
Reaction score
25
I believe there is performance scaling, likewise with 2,3 or 4 GPUs.. so you won't get the full performance of 4 drives..
 

ArcticCheetah

Banned
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
35,817
Reaction score
2,017
Actually I don't see the point of RAID 0 for SSD.
On SSD you want the Redundancy Advantage of RAID not the performance Advantage (Stripping) which was originally intended to increase harddisk performance.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top