[HELP] PC froze, unsure what went wrong

Gforce8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
15,183
Reaction score
0
Hi guys.

I'm reaching out to all of you guys and at the same time hoping my pc will not 'freeze' as I am creating this post. This is a newly built rig and I am running everything on auto and at stock at this point of time.

Occasionally, while I am using my pc, the whole system will just freeze. Mouse pointer freezes at its spot, reset button does not respond, nothing happens when I press ctrl-alt-del. However, fans are turning, LED strip in my rig is still working, there's light at the Corsair H110i GTX heatsink. Nothing seems to be amiss when the 'freezing' happens. There is no indicator what may have went wrong.

I can leave my pc idle and this will happen, sometimes I am just surfing net and it will happen.

Any form of help is greatly appreciated. If you need any more information about my rig please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you guys in advance!
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,734
Reaction score
1,557
Check your rams by using memtest. If there is an error, rma it.
 

Gforce8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
15,183
Reaction score
0
Check your rams by using memtest. If there is an error, rma it.
alright, I will try that. Also, do I need to manually configure to run the rams at their rated timings and voltage or the mobo will detect it and configure it automatically for me?
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,734
Reaction score
1,557
alright, I will try that. Also, do I need to manually configure to run the rams at their rated timings and voltage or the mobo will detect it and configure it automatically for me?

No need. Just run it.
 

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
15,543
Reaction score
266
try increasing DRAM voltage by 0.01V or 0.02V, i.e. set it as 1.21V or 1.22V, see if it helps.
 

Gforce8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
15,183
Reaction score
0
No need. Just run it.
UC02UCc.jpg

Displaying the ram settings as 1200Mhz is correct?Is it due to the dual channel configuration?
mCUDttO.jpg

Didn't have enough time to complete the whole test. So far didn't show any error and the image above showed where did I stop the test at. Will let memtest complete running later when I'm home after work.
 

Gforce8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
15,183
Reaction score
0
try increasing DRAM voltage by 0.01V or 0.02V, i.e. set it as 1.21V or 1.22V, see if it helps.
Alright! This will be the next thing I try if the 'freezing' happens again.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top