Help plz, pc wont boot, totally black

zerodddd

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
131
Reaction score
13
Suddenly the problem comes.
I press the power button and the light and all fans (fans in front, rear panels and the cpu fan) are on, but then, nothing happens. After a while the monitor enters energy saving mode.
I cant even see the figure of the mobo or enter bios, nor enter windows os. It is just totally black.

I tried in such ways:
1. Switch hdmi cable from my r9 270x (and just uninstall it) to the integrated graphics card. Issue remains.
2. Normally I have 4*4gb ram. Right now I only use 1*4gb. Issue remains.

I wonder if this could be a mobo problem most probably.
 

zerodddd

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
131
Reaction score
13
And in such state, the restart button losts its function. The only thing I can do is press pw button and hold for several sec to power it off in force.

Mice and keyboard led dont light.
 

zerodddd

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
131
Reaction score
13
If I unplug all the ram and try to boot it, there is NO beep alert.

Mobo broken, eh?
 

zerodddd

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
131
Reaction score
13
First thing first, the motherboard speaker is attached?

Second, remove everything except processor, plug in one stuff at the time and see if there's any response.

If all things failed, can bring to Nigel at Sim Lim.

Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT

Tried. Not really has any response. But today I took the mobo alone to CDL of Gigabyte and after check the staff told me there was nothing wrong will my mobo.

And after I came back and installed all things again and tried, the issue became the same as described in this thread http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...s-spin-up-brief-moment-then-quit-5514715.html
I noticed even the fans were on the spin speed was totally different from normal one (really slow). So I wonder the root of the issue is in the psu.
 
Last edited:

zerodddd

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
131
Reaction score
13
I do not know which one is more convenient if I take the corsair psu to CONVERGENT or if I take all stuff to Nigel@SimLim

The psu is still in warranty. But I noticed that there was a thing called RMA? What is that? I cannot go to CONVERGENT directly?
 

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
6,939
Reaction score
3
If successfully deduce its psu then bringing to convergent is better of coz. If you really have no idea and confirmed every individual part is working as intending but not working then put together, go to Nigel.

Rma is basically claiming warranty for your defective product. Take it this way. Hope you understand what it is. Otherwise Google is your best friend. :s22:

Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT
 

zerodddd

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
131
Reaction score
13
If successfully deduce its psu then bringing to convergent is better of coz. If you really have no idea and confirmed every individual part is working as intending but not working then put together, go to Nigel.

Rma is basically claiming warranty for your defective product. Take it this way. Hope you understand what it is. Otherwise Google is your best friend. :s22:

Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT

no defect of mobo and psu.
just need to clean the golden finger of RAMs...and problem solved
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top