Help with gaming rig (budget <1.5k)

like2lurk

Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, I've asked before on this forum for recommendations but today I went to PC Theme to quote price and realised I exceed my budget.
Its my first time building a new pc so I'd stick with a noob friendly shop. :s22:

Here are the specs:

CPU - Intel i5-4570
Mobo - ASRock B85M-PRO 4 (386)
GPU - Powercolor HD 7950 3GB Boost (395)
RAM - Kingston value ram 4GB x2 (94)
HDD - WD Blue 1TB HDD (85)
SSD - Plextor M5S 128GB (139)
PSU - Seasonic M12ll 520W Bronze (105)
ODD - Samsung DVD RW (25)
Case - Sharkoon T28 (89)
OS - Windows 8 Home (163)
Monitor - Dell U2312HM (255)

Was quoted 1.7k but my budget is 1.5k :s22:
I was thinking if can downgrade monitor. Personally i think this is the one that burst my budget. Maybe I might also go with win 7 instead, which is cheaper.

And does the mobo able to use wifi? I need to buy some other cards?

Actually, Im very satisfied with the specs alr. :s13:
Not looking to go without SSD or downgrade to ivy bridge.
I guess I just need monitor recommendations and maybe some other advice.

Thanks everyone! :D
 

Teng Zai

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
845
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, I've asked before on this forum for recommendations but today I went to PC Theme to quote price and realised I exceed my budget.
Its my first time building a new pc so I'd stick with a noob friendly shop. :s22:

Here are the specs:

CPU - Intel i5-4570
Mobo - ASRock B85M-PRO 4 (386)
GPU - Powercolor HD 7950 3GB Boost (395)
RAM - Kingston value ram 4GB x2 (94)
HDD - WD Blue 1TB HDD (85)
SSD - Plextor M5S 128GB (139)
PSU - Seasonic M12ll 520W Bronze (105)
ODD - Samsung DVD RW (25)
Case - Sharkoon T28 (89)
OS - Windows 8 Home (163)
Monitor - Dell U2312HM (255)

Was quoted 1.7k but my budget is 1.5k :s22:
I was thinking if can downgrade monitor. Personally i think this is the one that burst my budget. Maybe I might also go with win 7 instead, which is cheaper.

And does the mobo able to use wifi? I need to buy some other cards?

Actually, Im very satisfied with the specs alr. :s13:
Not looking to go without SSD or downgrade to ivy bridge.
I guess I just need monitor recommendations and maybe some other advice.

Thanks everyone! :D

You gonna DIY? Consider going Tradepac, $355 for the mobo and cpu, save you $31.
Powercolor 7950 3GB PCS+ $385 tradepac, save $10.
HDD go for hitachi 1tb, 3Y warranty $80, save $5.
Ram I think can get cheaper.. duno why pct quote you so high shld be $78-85.
ODD anyhow get one OEM de, $22 PCT also have.
Windows 8 Home Premium buy from Tradepac, $120 save you major bucks... $43
Plextor M5S can upgrade to M5P, add $10 more only get a much better ssd. Get it for $149 at Bliss, not sure if tradepac sell.
Everything else if u buy from tradepac maybe cheaper few bucks, but then again can bargain somemore..

About $100 savings up there, before you even start to bargain.
Tradepac usually no problem just check your stuff.
I got a faulty h100i pump/led and went back there in 7 days, the indian there very nice, check for me and swap out the pump with a bnib one. No questions ask, just flash him the invoice.

Oh and Monitor TP also got sell. Not sure how much but looking from the pricing pattern.. should be cheaper. Do make sure its 5Y warranty, don't end up paying $10 less but get 3Y warranty instead.
 

mazuinaz

Banned
Joined
Jul 3, 2012
Messages
820
Reaction score
0
Dont buy genuine OS lor. download and mount thumbdrive, install and crack.
learn how to do it can save u $160.

Hey guys, I've asked before on this forum for recommendations but today I went to PC Theme to quote price and realised I exceed my budget.
Its my first time building a new pc so I'd stick with a noob friendly shop. :s22:

Here are the specs:

CPU - Intel i5-4570
Mobo - ASRock B85M-PRO 4 (386)
GPU - Powercolor HD 7950 3GB Boost (395)
RAM - Kingston value ram 4GB x2 (94)
HDD - WD Blue 1TB HDD (85)
SSD - Plextor M5S 128GB (139)
PSU - Seasonic M12ll 520W Bronze (105)
ODD - Samsung DVD RW (25)
Case - Sharkoon T28 (89)
OS - Windows 8 Home (163)
Monitor - Dell U2312HM (255)

Was quoted 1.7k but my budget is 1.5k :s22:
I was thinking if can downgrade monitor. Personally i think this is the one that burst my budget. Maybe I might also go with win 7 instead, which is cheaper.

And does the mobo able to use wifi? I need to buy some other cards?

Actually, Im very satisfied with the specs alr. :s13:
Not looking to go without SSD or downgrade to ivy bridge.
I guess I just need monitor recommendations and maybe some other advice.

Thanks everyone! :D
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Hey guys, I've asked before on this forum for recommendations but today I went to PC Theme to quote price and realised I exceed my budget.
Its my first time building a new pc so I'd stick with a noob friendly shop. :s22:

Here are the specs:

CPU - Intel i5-4570
Mobo - ASRock B85M-PRO 4 (386)
GPU - Powercolor HD 7950 3GB Boost (395)
RAM - Kingston value ram 4GB x2 (94)
HDD - WD Blue 1TB HDD (85)
SSD - Plextor M5S 128GB (139)
PSU - Seasonic M12ll 520W Bronze (105)
ODD - Samsung DVD RW (25)
Case - Sharkoon T28 (89)
OS - Windows 8 Home (163)
Monitor - Dell U2312HM (255)

Was quoted 1.7k but my budget is 1.5k :s22:
I was thinking if can downgrade monitor. Personally i think this is the one that burst my budget. Maybe I might also go with win 7 instead, which is cheaper.

And does the mobo able to use wifi? I need to buy some other cards?

Actually, Im very satisfied with the specs alr. :s13:
Not looking to go without SSD or downgrade to ivy bridge.
I guess I just need monitor recommendations and maybe some other advice.

Thanks everyone! :D

Quote for you from tp later. Just drop by sls and slt to get my led lightings with molex connector. Going home and solder it. At the same time i have the latest pricelist from tp. Let me get in the bus and slowly type.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
Quote for you from tp later. Just drop by sls and slt to get my led lightings with molex connector. Going home and solder it. At the same time i have the latest pricelist from tp. Let me get in the bus and slowly type.

Their latest pricelist got the "OFFER" over the price? if bo, can scan to me, if it is not troublesome. Thanks.
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
With your budget i recommend msi.

Mobo + cpu
Msi b85m-g43 + i5-4570 ~ $360

Ram
Gskills ripjaws kit cl9 1600mhz ~ $95

Hdd
1tb wd blue ~ $78

Ssd
Plextor m5s 128gb ~ $139

Gpu
Powercolor 7950 3gb pcs+ ~ $385 (pcs+ slightly different)

Psu
Thermaltake smart se 620w ~ $90

Monitor
Viewsonic 23.6inch led vx2453mh ~ $229

Odd
Samsung odd $22

Os
Windows 8 home oem 64bit ~ $129 (bizgram)

Chassis
Sharkoon t28 ~ $80 (based on what i bought)

$1608 Buy and build at tradepac. Can ask discount payment by cash. Sure can meet your budget or burst by a bit.
 
Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Their latest pricelist got the "OFFER" over the price? if bo, can scan to me, if it is not troublesome. Thanks.

Still have offer. But certain popular stuffs i got ask. But i think he qoute me all is those srp.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
With your budget i recommend msi.

Mobo + cpu
Msi b85m-g43 + i5-4570 ~ $360

Ram
Gskills ripjaws kit cl9 1600mhz ~ $95

Hdd
1tb wd blue ~ $78

Ssd
Plextor m5p 128gb ~ $148

Gpu
Powercolor 7950 3gb pcs+ ~ $385 (pcs+ slightly different)

Psu
Seasonic m12ii 620w bronze ~ $112

Monitor
Viewsonic 23.6inch led vx2453mh ~ $229

Odd
Samsung odd $22

Os
Windows 8 home oem 64bit ~ $129 (bizgram)

$1158. Buy and build at tradepac. Can ask discount payment by cash. Sure can meet your budget.

Total is $1558.. And you nvr include in Case.
 

like2lurk

Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Thanks everyone for contributing! :)
I'll think I might buy from tradepac. :s13:
Price difference really alot.

With your budget i recommend msi.

Mobo + cpu
Msi b85m-g43 + i5-4570 ~ $360

Ram
Gskills ripjaws kit cl9 1600mhz ~ $95

Hdd
1tb wd blue ~ $78

Ssd
Plextor m5p 128gb ~ $148

Gpu
Powercolor 7950 3gb pcs+ ~ $385 (pcs+ slightly different)

Psu
Seasonic m12ii 620w bronze ~ $112

Monitor
Viewsonic 23.6inch led vx2453mh ~ $229

Odd
Samsung odd $22

Os
Windows 8 home oem 64bit ~ $129 (bizgram)

$1158. Buy and build at tradepac. Can ask discount payment by cash. Sure can meet your budget.

OMG thanks bro! :eek:
I think you got a typo, its 1558. :s22:
Anyway , if thats the case. I actually dont mind going for the dell U2312HM instead. Cause the price difference with the viewsonic so little.

Does the ASUS mobo support wifi?

Oh, and whats the difference between PCS & Boost?
If Boost is better and only 10 dollars more i dont mind going for it.

P.S. I went to powercolor website and check the 7950 series got so many variants. lol. dont understand.
 
Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Thanks everyone for contributing! :)
I'll think I might buy from tradepac. :s13:
Price difference really alot.



OMG thanks bro! :eek:
I think you got a typo, its 1558. :s22:
Anyway , if thats the case. I actually dont mind going for the dell U2312HM instead. Cause the price difference with the viewsonic so little.
Does the ASUS mobo support wifi?

Not all mobo has wifi. Asus wifi mobo all the price jin elite pricing loh.

Anyway just get a usb wireless n adapter $20. Or can get the wifi card if range is an issue.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
Thanks everyone for contributing! :)
I'll think I might buy from tradepac. :s13:
Price difference really alot.



OMG thanks bro! :eek:
I think you got a typo, its 1558. :s22:
Anyway , if thats the case. I actually dont mind going for the dell U2312HM instead. Cause the price difference with the viewsonic so little.

Does the ASUS mobo support wifi?

Oh, and whats the difference between PCS & Boost?
If Boost is better and only 10 dollars more i dont mind going for it.

Self assemble or asking them to assemble for you?
 

lamtheboy

Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
0
Thanks everyone for contributing! :)
I'll think I might buy from tradepac. :s13:
Price difference really alot.



OMG thanks bro! :eek:
I think you got a typo, its 1558. :s22:
Anyway , if thats the case. I actually dont mind going for the dell U2312HM instead. Cause the price difference with the viewsonic so little.

Does the ASUS mobo support wifi?

Oh, and whats the difference between PCS & Boost?
If Boost is better and only 10 dollars more i dont mind going for it.

P.S. I went to powercolor website and check the 7950 series got so many variants. lol. dont understand.

Hoot 760 :s13:
 

bhtan83

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
1,554
Reaction score
0
Dun get the view sonic monitor. I saw the actual colour very poor compared to dell.
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Pcs+ the base clock is slightly higher. Probably gonna be at its chip peak performance.
 

like2lurk

Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Self assemble or asking them to assemble for you?

shld be ask them assemble lo. I got no knowledge in doing this kinda stuff. haha. but I think if I wanna do it , sure can one la. Just go youtube search tutorial and read up abit. ;)

but really dont wanna waste the time to go do research.
ask them assemble and see how they do it learns much better i guess. =:p

though i heard alot stories about their tactics...
but overall is still quite a ok shop to go right?
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
shld be ask them assemble lo. I got no knowledge in doing this kinda stuff. haha. but I think if I wanna do it , sure can one la. Just go youtube search tutorial and read up abit. ;)

but really dont wanna waste the time to go do research.
ask them assemble and see how they do it learns much better i guess. =:p

though i heard alot stories about their tactics...
but overall is still quite a ok shop to go right?

when checking, make sure you know what is in each box, for all items. and what items will be used when assembled, and which are the spares.
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
If really want 760 can get the bundle either from fuwell or pcthemes $459 palit gtx760 jetstream 2gb with seasonic m12ii 620w
 

like2lurk

Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Not all mobo has wifi. Asus wifi mobo all the price jin elite pricing loh.

Anyway just get a usb wireless n adapter $20. Or can get the wifi card if range is an issue.

okay. got dunno what card can install inside mobo right? :s11:


:D ACTUALLY got think of hooting one. gigabyte one 400 if im not wrong. quite close to 7950 price. but I guess the vram of 7950 is quite important for me la. haha. might be tempted to go 2 monitors in the future! :love:
Also, the warranty both also 3 years i think. so might as well hoot 7950. :s13:

Dun get the view sonic monitor. I saw the actual colour very poor compared to dell.

:eek:
thanks! noted.
the dell one i know got alot good reviews thats why wanna hoot tat one. :D
but i heard alot of complaints about bleeding or smth.
 

like2lurk

Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
when checking, make sure you know what is in each box, for all items. and what items will be used when assembled, and which are the spares.

lol , i was wondering.
if i bought everything from them and bring to some other shop to assemble is it safer? :s22:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top